- Opening up what could be a top target for Democrats, the 12th district’s Republican Assemblywoman Jennifer Beck will vacate her seat to run against incumbent Democratic Senator Ellen Karcher. Wally Edge says the matchup will be “one of the premier legislative contests” of 2007.
- Rumor has it that ultra-conservative Assemblyman Guy Gregg will challenge senior Republican Senator Robert Littell in the 24th district’s GOP primary.
- Long-time Menendez chief of staff Michael Hutton is starting his own lobbying shop.
- The newly-minted RNC Communications Director, Lisa Camooso Miller, was once a special assistant to former Acting Governor Donald DiFrancesco.
- And fresh off of nabbing a hit-and-run driver, Democrat Barbara Buono (LD-18) steered a successful resolution through the Senate that urges the federal government to protect Title IX in athletics.
Tag Archive: Barbara Buono
Where does your delegation stand?
FULL MARRIAGE EQUALITY SUPPORTERS
Bernard Kenny (D-33) (Majority Leader) (Star Ledger 10/27/06)
Loretta Weinberg (D-37) (Star Ledger 10/27/06)
Barbara Buono (D-18) (Asbury Park Press 10/27/06)
Reed Gusciora (D-15) * (Garden State Equality PR 10/25/06)
Brian Stack (D-33) * (Garden State Equality PR 10/25/06)
Wilfred Caraballo (D-29) * (Speaker Pro Tem) ( ” ” )
Mims Hackett (D-27) * (Blue Jersey 10/26/06)
Jerry Green (D-22) (Blue Jersey 10/26/06)
Joe Roberts (D-05) (Assembly Speaker) (Trenton Times 10/27/06)
* indicates the legislator will sponsor the Caraballo/Gusciora/Stack marriage equality legislation
The rest below the fold.
Soft Warning: This is only sortof another story related to Jon Corzine’s decision on who will take his place in the US Senate.
When the good Governor-Elect does make his decision (and he will soon), and if he chooses a congressman (which remains the most likely scenario), NJ will very suddenly have an open house seat – in a decidedly democratic congressional district.
So, why isn’t anyone talking about Congresswoman Barbara Buono or Congresswoman Watson-Coleman or Congressman Steve Fulop or ….?