D.C. & N.J.
- 3 NJ congressmen are likely to get subcommittee chairmanships: Here’s which three.
- This is really granular political geekdom: The curse of the Longworth Building. If Andy Kim & Mikie Sherrill aren’t worried, neither am I. (Wildstein)
- As you know, Phil Murphy will become DGA chair in 2020. Here is some DGA trivia, also courtesy Wildstein.
- New Jersey’s George Bush.
- At The Intercept: The ignored legacy of George H.W. Bush: War crimes, racism, and obstruction of justice
After years of big tax breaks for big corporations, especially in the Christie years, NJ is extending loans and other support to small businesses
- Growing up Hungry: NJ bills put the spotlight on food insecurity, and food waste.
- Will believe it when we see it. Sweeney calls on Murphy to meet and hash out legislative issues.
- Bill banning shark fin sales advances in NJ legislature.
- Pumping up state spending on open space, land preservation, parks
This is political, too. The Morristown Fiber Fairies: Knitted scarves and hats appear mysteriously on Morristown statues. And if you’re in need, or living outside, those are for you.
- ‘Housing First’ – which gets homeless people into an independent, permanent home first, then provides any services as needed – gains ground in NJ
- Star-Ledger editorial: 14 children have died. We need some answers.
- Judge rules DOJ can’t force local law enforcement to help ICE
- Meet the adorable dogs whose day job is sniffing out human fecal pollution in the Navasink River.