Brett Kavanaugh confirmed
By a vote of 50-48, a man who, as my cousin says, you wouldn’t want in your home for dinner was given a lifetime seat on the highest court in the land. He was very quickly sworn in after the confirmation. Here’s how every senator voted, and who voted ‘Present’. DNC Chair Tom Perez sent a fundraising email to defeat yes votes Ted Cruz and Dean Heller, but did not mention Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, the only Democrat to vote Yes for Kavanaugh.
- Elena Kagan & Sonia Sotomayor: Supreme Court could lose legitimacy if not viewed as impartial.
- Frida Ghitis at CNN: Kavanaugh FBI probe was a cover-up.
- Maine Republican Susan Collins spoke for almost an hour before her procedural Yes vote on Kavanaugh, rearranging seating behind her so she would be surrounded by women.
This is a pretty damn important question
Tom Moran: When Mueller calls, will Congress answer?
- Vulgar, racist graffiti spray-painted at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School
- Here’s what it’s like to have a marijuana dispensary in your town
- Middletown says it was forced to comply with an OPRA request for all residents’ email addresses. The list was used for a political attack ad.
- FiveThirtyEight: Democrats Really Could Lose The New Jersey Senate Seat
- Menendez loss would be a disaster for Democrats in Trump midterm. Here’s what they’re doing
- Cory Booker just gave the speech of his life to Iowa Democrats. Here’s how they reacted.
- Em-bare-assing: Deval Patrick, potential 2020 candidate, didn’t know who NJDSC Chair John Currie is
- CD7: Once a moderate, this NJ Republican – Leonard Lance – cannot dodge his Trumpcare fiasco
- CD7: Tom Malinowski has John Kerry coming to Basking Ridge
- CD11: The Webber File: Montclair Mikie Versus Mr. Potato Head (Fred Snowflack). Yet, the latest reason why Jay Webber should, and will, lose.
- CD11: It’s amusing watching Republicans try to interest normal people in their obsessive hate of Nancy Pelosi
- CD4: Former Massachusetts Gov Deal Patrick was here for Josh Welle
- Nutshell views of every congressional battleground (by Max Pizarro)
- Stafford’s GOP mayor endorses the Dem running to succeed him
InsiderNJ’s interview with Gurbir Grewal (Jay Lassiter)