Fern Wolkin planted this Mikie Sherrill sign directly opposite Rodney Frelinghuysen’s house in Harding.
Questionable poll? Stockton U poll showing Menendez-Hugin in a statistical dead heat pricked the attention of other pollsters, notably Patrick Murray, who says the poll undersampled younger, black and Hispanic voters. Btw, the FDU poll has Menendez up 6 points (as does Q poll in August) and shows there are still a lot of undecided Democrats; they could be the ones deciding this race.
- From the lynching expert in CD2: Seth Grossman: Treatment of Kavanaugh just like the lynching of Blacks and Jews
- This would be amusing if it wasn’t so milquetoast: Bob Hugin: No reason to disbelieve Ford or Kavanaugh
- Students at Princeton say the U should condemn Hugin’s statements more strongly & affirm a greater commitment to LGBTQ+ and women’s rights.
- Uh oh. NJ Senate race catching eyes for the wrong reasons
- Maybe Seth Grossman has thoughts about it. Gottheimer supporters’ Sussex house twice vandalized with swastikas and anti-Semitic graffiti
Bombshell from New York Times details how Donald Trump actually got rich. Sells himself as a self-made man but he got $413 million from his father’s empire largely from helping his father cheat on taxes and commit outright fraud.
With Owner Exelon Generation seeking to sell the closed Oyster Creek nuclear plant to Holtec, NRC may speed up their review of the sale. Holtec would also get control of the $900 million decommissioning fund, which ratepayers financed over the years, to cover the cost of decontamination, demolition and handling of radioactive spent nuclear fuel.
- Trump mocks Christine Blasey Ford in Mississippi, making Kavanaugh out the real victim and Ford the real drunk. WATCH.
- 500-plus law professors say Kavanaugh should not be confirmed, two of his former classmates withdraw support. The FBI probe won’t be public.
- I didn’t do it. Suspicious envelopes sent to Trump & military officials. Pentagon mail tested positive for ricin
- Give it up, Christie, your party doesn’t want to reform. Gov. Whitman-led group calls for new ethics laws in t age of Trump
- Speaking of governors named Christie, does anybody really care what Chris Christie thinks about
- Gannett being Gannett, doing its part for the Republicans: Brett Kavanaugh case shows why we can’t let angry mobs rule America (USA Today)
- Caving to massive pressure from workers & Bernie Sanders, Amazon hikes minimum wage to $15 an hour (Common Dreams)
To the Bat Cave! (in tax-friendly New Jersey): How New Jersey got the new Batman movie, ‘Joker’, filming here.
- State suspends new limitations on the number of events craft breweries can host
- Actual NJ.com headline: Murphy declares Budweiser favorite beer, remains most boring governor ever
- Stile: How Murphy’s push to redeem a convicted Passaic councilman backfired and Grewal cleaned up
- GOP senator wants legislative hearing on Murphy administration hiring of former Passaic council member convicted of corruption, despite state law banning him from public jobs