Follow-up: After Camden residents held a rally & press conference outside Holtec HQ, offering help to employ the city residents Holtec’s CEO made racist remarks about, Camden’s power structure held its own press conference, at which the public was kept out. It was the mayor, Rep. Don Norcross (who’d joined in with Holtec, trash-talking his own constituents), and other folks loyal to the Norcross machine. Pointedly, they skipped over the local Camden city or county NAACP, where Mo’Neke Singleton-Ragsdale is a local leader, and can’t be counted on to spout the party line, they brought in somebody from Gloucester NAACP, which has nothing to do with this very Camden issue. Hat/tip South Jersey Women for Progressive Change. South Jersey Times: Trash talking Camden’s workforce is offensive
Sussex County Freeholders emerge from private screening of Reefer Madness, brush the popcorn off their lapels with fingers sticky from Junior Mints, Mike & Ike, Starburst, and Twizzlers and vote against legal weed. Actual Quote: ‘We don’t need your mind altered to have fun.’
(that whole Twizzlers thing probably didn’t happen)
- Crank up the Trump Baby Balloon: After a month away, Trump is returning to Jersey
- Of course it was. NJ hotline to report priest sex abuse overwhelmed by number of callers.
- Charles Stile: Is there a cost for Chris Christie’s Trump loyalty in fallout from Woodward’s ‘Fear’?
- Rockaway Twp. hastily calls town council meeting for 10:30pm. Shenanigans ensue, public erupts.
- For those in peril in a storm – Florence, Sandy, and people’s lives
- Phil Murphy just made this move to fight climate change – and Al Gore loves it
- Cory Booker’s haul from his book deal – – hits a big number
- Blue Jersey interview: Robt Seda-Schreiber of the Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice
- Why you should actually be terrified right now: Stripping citizens of their passports is a precursor to genocide. It’s what happened to Jews in Germany in 1938 when their passports were declared invalid
- Ohio’s wealthiest Republican donor switches parties after Obama stops in Columbus
- From emptywheel: Checkmate: The Manafort cooperation is pardon proof
- Why not? Some of our Dems act like Republicans. Bloomberg to run for president – as a Dem
- Mere shadow of his much better father. Andrew Cuomo spikes the ball after his win & dirty campaign
- Symmetry: Manafort has flipped. Watergate’s John Dean tweets: “BOOM!’
- Hurricane Florence death toll now 11, nearly 1 million without power, and that could reach 3 million
- Federal government is holding 12,800 migrant children in detention
- Watch Donald Trump refer to 9/11 as 7/11:
CD11: Fierce women power overload in Morris when Nia Gill & Loretta Weinberg came for Mikie Sherrill this week.
- Tom Moran: Whitman wants Dems to win Congress and rescue GOP moderates from oblivion
- Woman in Hugin ad has ties to Ocean COP Chair George Gilmore
- CD3: Debate date set for Andy Kim & Tom MacArthur
- Dems ask Monmouth clerk to correct her “legally incorrect and misleading” VBM letter
- Push to extend Trump law cutting your property tax break could slam NJ Republicans
- Chris Smith still in Congress, still awful. From Drew Sheneman: