The 2018 conference – Sept. 20-21 in Atlantic City – is essentially one day, with a night-before reception with Phil Murphy & Cory Booker, and the usual late-night partying. The guts of it is on Friday the 21st, with DNC Chair Tom Perez returning to New Jersey to headline. Menendez is the closing speaker.
A few takeaways from the schedule:
– Shorter, with affordable rates – good. Early bird registration is $21. RSVP link – plus hotel info.
– Headliners – all congressional, nobody from Legislature (what, Sweeney can’t be in a room with Murphy?)
– We’re all midterms-focused (duh) but what about the state issues that drive many Dems? Not on agenda.
– Conf is Thursday night & Friday – inconvenient for most working people.
– “Connecting with the Grassroots” session is a mystery. Were there any convos with actual grassroots folks planning this? Dunno, because the session’s about … data. With 3 data companies. Huh?
Thursday, September 20
2:00pm – 6:00pm: Registration
7:00pm: Welcome Reception with Senator Cory Booker & Governor Phil Murphy
9:30pm: Late Night Networking
Friday, September 21
7:30am – 10:30am: Registration
8:00am: State Committee Meeting
9:00am: Faith in the Democratic Party Breakfast with Mayor Ras Baraka & Governor Phil Murphy
10:30am: Connecting with the Grassroots, featuring our Congressional Delegation & Introducing New Digital Tools Presentations by BallotReady, VoterCircle, and Higher Ground Labs
11:00am: Presentation by the Democratic National Training Committee
12:30pm: Riding the Blue Wave Lunch with DNC Chair Tom Perez & all of our Congressional Candidates
2:00pm: Caucus Meetings and Collaboration, featuring our NJDSC Chair and Vice Chair
5:00pm: Closing Cocktail Reception – Send-Off with Senator Menendez