So much Republican stink-face yesterday.
KAVANAUGH SCOTUS CONFIRMATION HEARING
- A 2nd day of high-stakes news coverage Friday. Senate Judiciary plans to go ahead with planned vote on Kavanaugh, debate starting 9:30am.
- Tom Moran: Why are Republicans afraid of the facts on Kavanaugh?
- Cory Booker calls Christine Ford ‘heroic’ for coming forward on sexual assault
- Booker to Kavanaugh: Dr. Blasey Ford’s accusations were no political hit job
- That was Cory Booker who brought the coffee, because who else?
- Washington Post’s conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin: Kavanaugh is far too partisan, angry to be on Supreme Court
- Religious magazine rescinds endorsement of Kavanaugh after hearing Dr. Blasey Ford’s testimony
After a day of both top Dems & top Republicans calling for Democratic Burlington Freeholder George Youngkin candidate to drop out over his 2006 arrest for domestic violence, and harassing another woman, Youngkin ends his Freeholder bid.
CD7: Time for Leonard Lance to go. Tammy Murphy, Loretta Weinberg, Sheila Oliver slam Leonard Lance over his “tends not to believe” Dr. Blasey Ford’s story of attempted rape.
- U.S. Senate: If I had Hugin’s campaign, trying to look clean & above-board, I’d say the same thing. Hugin wants the FBI investigating Ford allegations
- U.S. Senate: NJ Dems use Kavanaugh hearing to raise money for Menendez
- CD11: Sherrill visible campaigning through Kavanaugh maelstrom, at Morris Chamber of Commerce, repeating Dem Party line about Russia
- New Jersey’s only prison for women: Crackdown on sex abuse at Edna Mahan Correctional Facility moves ahead
- Yes, please. Ban bags and straws? NJ proposal would be strictest in the nation.
- We don’ need no stinkin’ badges. No more of those police-looking badges for you non-police officials.
AROUND NEW JERSEY
From The Daily Targum, Rutgers: A panel discussion on the Gloria Steinem Endowed Chair in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies, with Steinem and Naomi Klein, inaugural holder of that position
Workers at Newark, JFK, LaGuardia airports to make $19 per hour
Short Roundup today, had to be out the door at 5:20am today. What are you reading that we missed?
FAR, FAR AWAY
Scientists call it Ledumahadi mafube. That’s Sesotho for “a giant thunderclap at dawn” and 200 million years ago it was the largest dino of its time.
Asteroid-rover sends back amazing photos & video from surface of space rock hurtling through space. Thank you, Japan Space Agency. Behold, a view nobody on Earth has ever seen before:
Rover-1B succeeded in shooting a movie on Ryugu’s surface! The movie has 15 frames captured on September 23, 2018 from 10:34 – 11:48 JST. Enjoy ‘standing’ on the surface of this asteroid! [6/6] pic.twitter.com/57avmjvdVa
— HAYABUSA2@JAXA (@haya2e_jaxa) September 27, 2018