Latest Trump defense: Trump says 2016 payments to two women who claimed affairs with him, porn actress Storrmy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal, were not illegal. Why? Because the money came from him, and not campaign funds.
If I feared for people’s souls, I’d fear for hers. Sarah Huckabee Sanders says it’s ‘ridiculous’ to accuse Trump of lying hours after he lied
- Midterms: “Time is fleeting and madness takes its toll.” It’s just a jump to the left, people.
- Chasing Silly News: Booker and Menendez ask the GAO to look into how Channel 9 got its license renewed
- Could Menendez be the lone NJ Democrat to lose in the Trump midterm?
- Charles Stile: How did New Jersey gun defender Leonard Lance get endorsed by a gun-control group?
- Snowflack at InsiderNJ: Analysis: The fine print on that Quinnipiac U.S. Senate poll
- Wildstein: Hugin is where other Republican hopefuls were. Ties Bell, trails Kyrillos, Zimmer and Lonegan
- Star-Ledger editorial implicates “our own squirming GOP representatives” for gutlessness on Trump – Hugin included
- Menendez: Two ads, a 1-2 punch
Around New Jersey
Even white guys hate white people… Longtime Rutgers history professor James Livingston could be facing disciplinary action for saying he ‘hates white people’ on Facebook, a comment he says was satirical
Chris Cerf, still a jackass, still at the expense of kids. How Newark’s former schools chief used a ‘victory lap’ and privately paid consultants to cement his legacy (Chalkbeat)
- Murphy makes yet another move to combat gun violence in NJ
- And the need to rid him from our bloodstreams: Ghost of Christie likely boosts Murphy approval
- Btw, Christie is still working on the opioid issue
- Lawyer for ex- Bordentown Twp police chief charged with hate crimes says his client was framed
- On the market? Owner of Camden house Martin Luther King lived in as a seminary student wants to sell the house
- Atlantic City Airport: The latest idea to reinvent itself
- What are they smoking? We don’t want legal weed sold in our towns, half of NJ residents say
- Coughlin: Aligns with Sweeney on two big brewing issues
Oklahoma schools close after parents threaten transgender student who used middle school bathroom
Verizon slowed data speeds on firefighters? A Northern California fire department says Verizon slowed its wireless data speeds so much last month that firefighters battling the state’s largest-ever wildfire almost couldn’t communicate.
Whether it’s church or state, powerful men are letting us down (Mary C. Curtis, Roll Call)