GOP gave Rep. Chris Smith a promotion. [hat/tip John Schoonejongen]
- Sweeney & Coughlin issued a statement last night defending their budget
- Where’s your Governor? No public schedule today.
- NJ’s state budget drama between Murphy and Dems explained – in 19 (often nasty) quotes
- Budget veto watch. Fred Snowflack is on it.
- Tom Moran: Murphy is right in the budget fight, but he’s blowing the politics
- Work your government, babies. The inside story of how a bunch of kids got a new state reptile for NJ.
- South Jersey Dem leaders have picked former Camden City Councilman William Spearman to replace Arthur Barclay in the 5th district State Assembly seat, reports New Jersey Globe.
This is from 2017, but with the white supremacists getting ready to rally in Washington, D.C., a good reminder of when they had their little military exercises right here in New Jersey
- Somebody tell Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Bars can refuse service to Trump supporters, judge says #MAGAhats
- John Lewis says he’s ready to go to jail over separated kids
- Donald Trump, Jr.’s 4-year-old is targeted on Twitter: ‘We’re coming for Chloe, too.’
- Trump staffers are complaining they can’t date in D.C. – Because everyone hates them.
Trump administration betrayed Lautenberg chemical cleanup law, Pallone says
Around New Jersey
Gentrification and the crippling of the black community in Jersey City – op-ed by Rev. Willie J. Keaton, Jr of NAACP