Camden: The destruction of Camden’s public schools is intentional, targets Camden families intentionally, and involves the NJ legislature. Keith Eric Benson: Shame on Norcross Dems, Camden schools leader
- 20 immigrant children have arrived in NJ in the last 30 days. Here’s what we know.
- Home ruler: If you live in one of these towns, you might have to be merging with some other NJ town
- Teaneck: Accusations, development fights, transparency issues, meetings that go past midnight.
- Cover Atlantic City in art – public art. Yes, please
BUDGET BAD NEWS
- Tick-tock, possible state govt shutdown next weekend: Murphy, top Dems fail to reach budget deal
- Push comes to shove: Legislature sends its 2019 spending bill to Murphy
- Murphy offered Dem leaders concession on his 2 tax proposals, sources say
- Bramnick forgets Chris Christie 2013-2016, says Murphy battling Dems bc he wants to be president
- Carl Golden: It’s not about any of the issues that Murphy and Sweeney have made their own, it’s about who calls the shots, the governor or the Legislature – and it’s only going to get uglier
Quote of the Day: “I think if there were about two or three seasoned, mature women in that room, I know things would come out differently. … I’m only kidding. Those tall Irish guys did a really nice job.” – Loretta Weinberg, commenting on budget negotiations (via Politico Playbook)
- Trenton Times editorial: NJ caregivers earn less than Walmart employees, and that’s wrong
- Phil Murphy wants to make it a lot more expensive to buy a gun in NJ
- Will this U.S. Supreme Court ruling save us from another NJ government shutdown?
- Fine print: School-funding changes easily pass Senate & Assembly
- Where’s your Governor today? No public schedule.
- We already have a state dinosaur? Animal, mineral, vegetable, microbe: Parsing NJ’s potential state symbols
Be suspicious (obv): Trump proposes merging Dept. of Education and Dept. of Labor
New York City hospitals have treated 12 immigrant kids taken from parents, including a suicidal child
Virginia governor orders probe of abuse claims by immigrant children: “Whenever they used to restrain me and put me in the chair, they would handcuff me,” said a Honduran immigrant who was sent to the facility when he was 15 years old. “They also put a bag over your head.”
Donald Trump threw Starburst candies at Angela Merkel, said ‘Don’t say I never give you anything.’
CD1: Don Norcross was blocked from visiting some of the immigrant children separated from their parents and being held in his district, in Camden. He was told he would have to wait two weeks.
Photo credits: Sweeney, Murphy (NJ.com). Loretta Weinberg (Observer). Charlottesville white power asshole (Getty Images)