Congratulations Meghan & Harry. You throw a swell party. Fun watching some of the blue-eyed Anglicans stuffing their feelings when the magnificent Bishop Michael Curry stepped up. Oh, yes. Appreciate all the anti-monarchists sleeping in; nothing wrong with that point-of-view (a lot right). For me, a 1-day reprieve from the weight of living in a country Donald Trump is running. I loved it, not gonna lie. Two anniversaries yesterday May 19th – Happy Birthday Sophie Charlotte, England’s first black queen, born May 19, 1744. And RIP Anne Boleyn, beheaded May 19, 1536. Meghan Markle, whose ancestor was (apparently) ordered beheaded by Henry VIII, just like Anne Boleyn, walked over Henry’s grave yesterday as she walked down the aisle. He’s buried in the floor at St. George’s Chapel. Can you dig the symmetry? I can dig it.
- CD3: Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC) on his Jersey roots and Andy Kim
- Trenton mayor: Perez backs out of Trentonian debate; Gusciora calls him a ‘bully’
- Trenton mayor: Candidate Paul Perez went to jail for DWI in 2002 in Virginia
- CD11 on the GOP side: Dark money group goes up on TV with attack ad on Jay Webber
- Senate: Menendez reported $171K in taxable income last year, a fraction of his likely GOP opponent
- ‘It’s dirty in Linden.‘ Councilman accuses mayor of assaulting him
- DeGise v. Stack HCDO chair: Hudson political civil war bell tolls in WNY (Agustin C. Torres)
- Thanks, Donald. Trump attacks Celgene business record that Menendez Republican foe Hugin touts
My admiration for Jimmy Carter continues. That is all.
On Showtime’s The Circus: Chris Christie compares Mueller investigation to Bridgegate probe
And – watch – on The Circus, Christie says no evidence has been put forward that Mueller deserves an interview with the President
This Republican was the only New Jersey politico to back bill that would have cut NJ food stamps. Ah, our buddy.
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- The rest of their season is canceled. Beyond boys’ lacrosse on Haddonfield sports teams, racial slurs ‘just happened all the time,’ parents say
- Dildogate: Lawsuit alleging homophobic slurs by senior officers of Mountainside police department pulls comment from Garden State Equality
- Tom Moran: Jersey’s segregated schools and America’s racist past
- Big marijuana company entering NJ market hires Norcross lobbying firm
Planner to New York & New Jersey: Forget Trump, pay for Gateway yourselves
By Phyllis Salowe-Kaye of NJ Citizen Action: I’m a cancer survivor who depended on this program Murphy wants to eliminate
Murphy signs $15.6 million in raises for NJ judges & top officials, renews call for $15/hour minimum wage
Will Delaware beat NJ to the punch on sports betting?
Because it’s just as ugly as when Chris Christie did it. Here’s why critics are enraged about Murphy’s plan for the Exxon money
Phil Murphy signs law expanding public worker rights
Phil Murphy plans t take $46M from affordable housing. Here’s why it’s happening.
Cartoon & commentary from Drew Sheneman: If you had “called unauthorized immigrants animals” in this week’s racist presidential statement office pool, you win.