Students from TCNJ work on a mural project by an East Trenton community garden.
New Jersey becomes 10th state in the nation to pass Earned Sick Days. Now people who work won’t have to choose between going to work sick – and maybe making you sick too – or losing a day’s pay, or losing their job altogether.
- CWA outlasts Chris Christie, gets a contract for state employees,
- Murphy inks contract with CWA without knowing what it will cost taxpayers
- Christie’s $11M in state grants to religious schools in limbo after Supreme Court ruling
- Has Phil Murphy smoked marijuana?
- Gov. Murphy’s budget proposal eliminates funding for a military lobbyist.
- Where’s your Governor? Signing an executive order in Edison at 11:15am.
- NJ Transit probe ordered by Murphy hasn’t even left the station
- Old dudes with underage girls. New Jersey could become the first state to ban marriage for those under 18
- NJ corrections commissioner retiring amid questions over sex abuse scandal at women’s prison
May he raise stronger girls than himself. Jay Webber, demanding big apologies Mikie Sherrill, because he doesn’t know the difference between mentioning and attacking (or that Nellie Pou and Mikie Sherrill aren’t the same person).
“Things.” After Ronny Jackson withdraws his nomination to be Veterans Affairs secretary, in part from whistleblowers released by Sen. Jon Tester’s office, Trump rather bizarrely calls for Tester to resign. Why? Because Trump knows “things” about him, which Trump says could end Tester’s career. Does he say what? Nope. Lapdogging on cue, Senate Republicans do an ad amplifying Trump.
Mueller raised possibility of a presidential subpoena in meeting with Trump legal team
- Stamina, stamina, stamina. 4 reasons why Donald Trump faking a doctor’s note actually matters
- The ERA is back. The Equal Rights Amendment could be the perfect remedy for the #MeToo era
- Pallone wants to expand Medicare, help millions avoid financial ruin
- Cambridge Analytica shutting down. Harvested data on 87M Facebook users for Trump & Brexit, sure to reorganize
- Going to just lay this down gently here: John McCain makes an appeal for civility and humility
- How many lost health insurance since GOP ramped up their healthcare takedown? 4 million – and climbing
- Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s new lawyer tells a different story about the Stormy Daniels payoff than Trump’s other lawyer Michael Cohen
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- Public art: College students’ mural graces East Trenton community garden
- Everyone can now patrol Newark’s streets for crime. ACLU says that’s a bad idea
- Education: Paterson starts on long road back to local control
- Wow. How Rutgers-Newark is luring top honors students with social justice
Do these charter schools humiliate their boys? Or is it just the girls? Charter school rules face menstruating students to bleed through pants. And Jersey Jazzman has more.