Rep. Tom MacArthur loses it on the House floor: Shouting match over House chaplain that looked like it would come to blows. Watch.
Going to have to wait to see if additional polls confirm, but CNN poll shows Dems’ generic ballot advantage shrunk down to the margin of error
Democrats gain voters – a lot of voters – in all but 1 NJ House district – do you live in that one?
Morris Dems demand audit of county clerk election practices after a Superior Court Judge ruled that she circulated an illegal memorandum and failed to understand state election laws
#MAGA: Monmouth national poll on America’s current financial situation: 24% struggling, 51% stable, 23% improving. Low-income Dems far more likely than low-income Republicans to say they’re struggling. Jonathan D. Salant has a story about the bad news in this poll for Republicans
Do Republicans even have anybody who can speak credibly on gun violence? CD11 Dem, former federal prosecutor & Navy pilot Mikie Sherrill was scheduled to talk with Montclair HS students about fun violence, but that was canceled after a letter from the local Republicans
CD7 Republican Leonard Lance has known he was targeted since Nov. 8, 2016. And he’s better at protecting himself than most of NJ’s Republicans. Sometimes that means good news for constituents.
AROUND NEW JERSEY
Remember that run-down Camden house where Martin Luther King lived as a seminary student? A $229k grant to restore it was diverted instead to the Fire Department. But the city is silent on why.
An “adult district” for legalized weed – Can marijuana set Atlantic City on fire again?
Piscataway gun, ammunition ordinance would ban sales in sensitive areas
- Ray McGovern, 79, who blew the whistle on Bush-era torture tactics in Iraq War, dragged from Trump CIA nominee Gina Haspel hearing
- Be Best! Trump plays bait-and-switch – with children
- Draining the swamp: Trump personal lawyer Michael Cohen cashed in on his access bigly, including with Novartis, with HQ’s around NJ
- New Jersey is now just the 9th state to allow undocumented students to get financial aid
- Murphy’s plan for tuition-free community college got some tough questions – including from Democrats
- Cheers to 4 Dem Assemblywoman working to make it easier for breastfeeding moms to travel through our airports
- Despite campaign promises, Murphy plans to raid affordable-housing fund
- Murphy’s request for a longer public comment period could slow development of wind farms off NJ & NY