Pink dogwood tree in bloom in a Flemington parking lot. Photo by Frank Banisch taken with a 360-degree lens.
- White House communications official mocks John McCain in internal meeting – “he’s dying anyway” – Later apologizes to Meghan McCain
- That’s Oliver North-level BS. The incoming NRA chair says Parkland teens & those backing them, are criminal “civil terrorists”
- Is New Jersey under attack from D.C.? Trump’s cut to Sandy aid, is that the latest example?
- Ew. Donald Trump Junior, whose wife filed for divorce last month, has moved on to Fox News’ Kimberly Guilfoyle
- Now House Republicans want to take food stamps from 35k New Jerseyans
- If people on food stamps made Jared Kushner’s paperwork mistakes, they might starve. But Kushner’s mistakes cost him nothing
- Washington Post: Fact-checking Trump’s reasons for withdrawing from Iran nuclear deal
Where’s your Governor? Delivering Stockton University’s commencement speech, noon at Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City
- Speaking of The Swamp: Bipartisan push to reform the Port Authority
- NJ politicians, public workers could lose pensions if convicted of these sexual offenses
- Appeals court won’t halt work on statehouse renovation project, turning back an attempt from ex-Assemblyman Wisniewski to halt project
- Summer is coming: Is smoking about to become a thing of the past on NJ’s beaches?
- Assembly Human Services Committee: Lawmakers want to improve ratio of aides to patients in NJ nursing homes
- How much will it cost NJ taxpayers to send undocumented immigrants to college?
- State still struggling with stormwater runoff, can new bill help?
- Co-sponsor Steve Sweeney. Paid family-leave bill would mean more time, more money for workers
- Murphy’s 1st high-profile CV draws applause from all quarters
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- Where’s your ex–Governor? Chris Christie quietly sets up an office in Morristown
- Hudson County Dem wars: Amy DeGise emerges to challenge Brian Stack for HCDO chair, backed by her father County Exec Tom DeGise.
- At InsiderNJ: Stack goes off on DeGise following announcement of daughter’s candidacy
- Also at InsiderNJ, an interview with Amy DeGise: Teacher says she’ll appeal to younger Hudson Dems, and those motivated to protect teachers & public workers, says she’ll hold Stack to account for pensions-benefits overhaul with Christie
- This guy pitched a tent at Camden city hall to make a point: Minorities aren’t being hired
- Leonia’s traffic ban points to broader problems
- Op-Ed, annual data is better than single day ‘snapshot’ data: Homelessness in NJ more pervasive than HUD data reveals
- Middletown property taxes: Pals Phil Murphy & Bon Jovi miss the Top 10
- Former guard at Edna Mahan Correctional Facility convicted of sex assault, in a growing sex abuse scandal in NJ’s only women’s prison
- Loyalty oaths – coming to a local Democratic Party by you? Look what progressives had to vote down in this NY county
- Congrats on dream job: Alicia Menendez, daughter of your senator, will be a regular contributor on Christiane Amanpour’s new PBS show
CAMPAIGNS & ELECTIONS
At New Jersey Globe, kind of a great idea for a post: Mikie Sherrill, Tony Ghee, Peter DeNeufville, Jay Webber – A review of the looks, the colors, the layout, the substance of CD11 candidate websites, from NJ’s favorite fiber artist Amy Wilson & faculty member at NYC’s School of Visual Arts – and how they make her feel about the candidates, and life itself.
- Newton race makes national news: GOP mayor Wayne Levante promoted BS that Parkland teen David Hogg was a “crisis actor”’ lost his race
- Lulz. Building Trades back CD7 Leonard Lance for re-election
- CD5 by Donald Scarinci: Gottheimer Train Runs at High Speed