At White House Correspondents Dinner, a fat joke on Christie and the camera catches him slurping ice cream theatrically
Interest piles up on that still-owed 40 acres & a mule. UN panel says the U.S. owes reparations to African-Americans. Why? Well, it’s owed.
Trump skipped #Nerdprom for the 2nd year, missing comedian Michelle Wolf roasting … everybody Here’s Wolf burning Sarah Huckabee Sanders, 4 feet from Sanders and how Sanders reacted. Poor Sean Spicer was beside himself. funny that Trump was in contact with Russia when the Hillary campaign wasn’t even in contact with Michigan
- We don’t want him, and he costs taxpayers too much. What can be done to help local Jersey airports when Trump comes to Bedminster?
- Farmer: Teflon president, vulnerable party
- Sounds about right. Hillary Clinton accuses Trump administration of using Gateway to ‘settle petty political scores
- It’s a Trump administration: Throw your people under the bus – Scott Pruitt blamed his ridiculous $43k “Cone of Silence” private phone booth and other scandals on his staff. Frank Pallone told him, “If I were the president I wouldn’t want your help. “I’d get rid of you.” Watch.
Hey, Moms Demand Action, THIS is how you talk about Jeff Van Drew, you don’t reward him as your “Gun Sense candidate”. How does 18-year-old David Hogg – tweeting about Van Drew’s gun record, with thousands of responses – get it right an you get it so wrong?
CD7: Yah, but “civility” is an unacceptable substitute for a good voting record in Congress. Leonard Lance strives for civility amid the Trump tweetstorm
- CD7 Student-led discussion of gun violence issues goes on without Lance but his replacement crew shows up, both parties.
- Cory Booker sure likes to stand next to him. Bernie Sanders has conquered the Democratic Party. (Somebody teach The Week to spell Cory).
- Rep. Tom MacArthur bought thousands of dollars’ worth of securities in gas and oil companies weeks before he voted in favor of a tax bill that would give companies in the industry a direct, one-time tax break worth up to $25 billion
- This is why it matters that we have a higher-quality Dem nominee than Jeff Van Drew. NRCC chair admits they haven’t recruited a strong Republican in CD2 to replace LoBiondo.
CHRIS CHRISTIE. Still.
Where is Chris Christie’s cellphone? Why didn’t Fishman’s investigators find it? Mike Kelly, at the appeals trial for Chris Christie’s guilty Bridgegate underlings, has some damn good questions.
Dude. Seriously. Chris Christie coulda told you you can’t win. GOP Chair Doug Steinhardt embarrasses himself disparaging Loretta Weinberg. Phyllis Salowe-Kaye & Nancy Erika Smith set him right.
Ex-Gov Chris Christie, who was always this close to George Norcross, partied with him, both his brothers, and the entire South Jersey Democratic axis )(plus Assemblyman Raj Mukherji ) Friday night, at the Cooper ‘Red Hot’ Gala
- Newark: Hundreds of free copies of a newspaper distributed at City Hall were tossed – despite this thing called the First Amendment. Why?
- New Jersey hires former investment banker previously accused of securities fraud
- Phil Murphy takes victory lap but faces real test for tax hikes and legal weed
- Moran: Ras Baraka talks race, politics, and Newark’s progress