This photo of Sweeney and The Murph. Eyes never even meet.
[Actually, from an Insider NJ post showing a glimmer of cooperation]
Hallelujah: New Jersey becomes a key battleground state in race for House control (Corasaniti, New York Times)
- Where’s your Governor? Signing an executive order on gun safety at 11am in Asbury Park
- Coughlin artfully dodging questions: Assembly speaker remains quiet on major policy initiatives (NJTV)
- From Max Pizarro: Sketches from the Senate: The Emerging New Class of Upper Chamber Occupants
- Here’s Murphy’s plan for free community college in NJ. Who would qualify first?
- Moter voters: NJ bill would allow automatic voter registration at welfare & parole offices
- With gun debate after Parkland, students are itching to vote. NJ could soon make it easier
- That $13k door you’re hearing Muphy spent for Tammy’s office is more than that, but it does raise some questions about what her role is
- Sweeney’s nuclear bailout bill clears committee, despite its $3 Billion total cost, the failure of PSEG to demonstrate need, the plan to boot the rate counsel out of the review process, and negative impact on clean energy initiatives.
New Jersey and Trump – Not Perfect Together
Only Blue Jersey’s Bill Orr could discuss immigration and Donald Trump, whilst also quoting Walt Whitman, Robert Frost – and Neil Diamond. Part VI of Bill’s series Immigration Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow discusses federal actions, status of Dreamers, and where New Jerseyans stand.
Stile: Recording shows combative Trump previewing bare-knuckle style in New Jersey sports betting fight with former NJ Assembly Speaker Garabed “Chuck” Haytaian. Trump later invited Haytaian (no slouch himself) to his wedding of with one of his wives, Marla Maples
Around New Jersey
Headline of the Day (Insider NJ’s off APP’s original story): Report: Spring Lake Councilman Arrested in Neptune City; Resigns – Then Un-resigns
- Dozens of New Jersey landowners were in court yesterday to challenge PennEast’s efforts to seize parts of their property by eminent domain
- Camden charter school to get $250,000 turf through the NFL, the KIPP Lanning Square Middle School
- Stockton poll finds New Jerseyans split on legalizing weed
- Press of Atlantic City gets into the blog business (more like a running column). Check out Parkway South
- In first Newark mayoral web ad, Gayle Chaneyfield Jenkins echoes an early ad of Phil Murphy’s (he backs Baraka, despite her early loyalty to him)
- Interactive map: Wealthy burbs are the biggest winners in property-tax deduction, far more than homeowners in low-income cities – and are likely to save even more if the Legislature adopts the governor’s proposal to raise the deduction