Attention, New Jersey: You’re treating our rivers like ‘garbage cans.’ Stop.
Mangroves in India, glaciers in Greenland: NASA images from space show climate change impact (Photos)
National Geographic: How the environment has changed since the first Earth Day
Remembering the excitement of plotting to do the right things: Scott Pruitt is Destroying Earth Day (Tomasky)
Around New Jersey
Morris County Clerk Ann Grossi’s failure to understand election law, instead simply following the instructions of a former Morris Republican chair on county committee petitions, is now a campaign issue. Democratic clerk candidate Shala Gagliardi, like Grossi an attorney, says nearly 1,000 candidates for party office filed deficient petitions because Grossi gave illegal instructions to municipal clerks and candidates. A judge has ruled Grossi incorrectly instructed municipal clerks on a statute that determines how a candidate gets on the ballot, but allowed county committee candidates to stay on the ballot. Gagliardi and Morris Democratic Chair Chip Robinson are calling on the freeholders to conduct an independent audit of Grossi’s office to determine whether state election laws are being followed.
- Just when you thought it was safe to go outside: New Jersey is dealing with a tick species that is new to America (Forbes)
- Bad news is a law study group says gun violence is a $1.2B drain on NJ. Good news? They picked NJ to study because change is possible here
- These New Jerseyans took their campaign against legal weed to Washington on 4/20
- Oy, Moms, WTF? Jeff Van Drew is Moms Demand Action “Gun Sense Candidate” – and also has a 100% Rating from the NRA
- Bill Orr’s newest series, on money in politics: Part II on Bob Hugin, Part III on campaign finance reform
- Muslim officials push GOP U.S. Senate candidate Bob Hugin to state his position on Trump’s Secretary of State nominee Richard Pompeo
- How hard is the anti-Trump wave crashing in NJ: A look at CD11 & CD7 where the challenger money is, and CD5, where it isn’t
- AP takes note of the Monmouth poll’s good news for NJ Dems, and the massive $7.5 million Bob Hugin’s lent his own campaign to defeat Menendez
- Mark Di Ionno: Veterans bring ‘country first’ mentality to politics
- Tom Moran, don’t get fooled by Leonard Lance, this is all simply re-election strategy: Lance roars at Trump again. MacArthur purrs in his lap
- Murphy sign offshore oil drilling ban into law (and tries to stop Trump)
- Phil Murphy wants to raise taxes $1.5B. How much would that actually cost you?
- Joe Scarborough: It’s becoming clear that Trump won’t run in 2020
- Is the Trump-Russia conspiracy lawsuit filed by DNC political grandstanding?
- Cory Booker tapped for speech & honorary degree at Temple. He won’t be paid for that speech, and it’s not his only commencement speech this year