- Cook’s Political Report shifts Leonard Lance’s CD7: From Lean R to Toss-Up. Ruh-roh, Leonard.
- Steve Fulop may want to run for Congress in 2018. Against Sires.
- Tom Moran: Trump’s poison could kill fellow Republicans in Jersey
Around New Jersey
There was Jameson and Tullamore D.E.W. Brendan Byrne used to joke he wanted his ashes placed in Hudson County, known for its history of political shenanigans, so he could stay active in politics. On Friday, Byrne’s ashes spent some time at Healy’s Tavern in Jersey City.
Rosa Rodriguez (above), sole student to defy suspension and walk out of school to call for sane policy on guns, got more than $1,000 worth of roses from all over the state, organized by Stacey Gregg, who said people were inspired by Rosa’s courage. Rosa was named for her grandmother whose family gave her a rose every Valentine’s Day. The Parkland school shooting took place on Valentine’s Day. Made national news.
39 candidates, 10 positions, and a shot to shape the future of NJ’s largest city
- Cory Booker: Gets coverage in vegan press, doesn’t want you to think Bernie Sanders is pushing him
- Bob Menendez: Giving away donations from co-defendent Salomon Melgen
- Cartoonists’ forecast for Trump: Dark and Stormy days with a chance of investigation
- How your Trump tax cut could get eaten up by something else he did
- #WakandaForever” In the Age of Trump, we all needed ‘Black Panther’ to save the day (Guest op-ed)
- Walter Shapiro at Roll Call: Trump’s name isn’t on any midterm ballot – but it’s all about him
- How Trump consultants exploited the Facebook data of millions without their permission
- Montana Green Party senate candidate was once on state GOP payroll
- Hey Trumpsters, how does it feel to be a blue state victim?
- Looks like Andrew McCabe kept memos on his dealings with Trump …
- Sad GOP musical chairs: At least eight of the chamber’s sitting committee chairmen are quitting Congress. That includes Rodney Frelinghuysen, who unlike his brethren is in his first term as chair, after waiting decades for his shot running House Appropriations
- Murphy candidate for Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission post loses vote
- Will legal weed come to NJ? What to know about the latest proposal