- CD7: After a week of high drama, the last Dem Party shoe drops – Union County awards their line
- CD4: Josh Welle wins Ocean Democrats’ convention 40-16 over Jim Keady
Where’s Phil Murphy today? On New Jersey 101.5 – at 1pm taking your questions
- Murphy presents his 1st state budget Tuesday. Part IV of Bill Orr’s budget series: Beyond the Money
- Tom Moran on the budget: Will Phil Murphy be as clueless as Jimmy Carter?
- Dems are in charge, so no big fights over Murphy’s budget, right? Don’t bet on it
- State lawmakers must rescue Obamacare (Star-Ledger editorial)
- Murphy administration deploys more help to hurricane-hit islands
- Gannett editorial is skeptical on Loretta Weinberg’s coming smart gun bill
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- From Princeton High School, student reporters cover what happened to a complaint filed by 2017 grad Jamaica Ponder and her father Rhinold Ponder alleging Jamaica, a student journalist herself now in college, was suspended from school because of her race and because the articles she wrote about race bias at the school attracted media coverage.
- The 25 least-diverse towns in New Jersey. Do you live in one?
- 30 NJ towns with the lowest property taxes. Do you live in one of those?
- ‘You forgot to use the word ILLEGAL!’ – Are attitudes on immigration changing in NJ?
- March for Our Lives in South Jersey aims to ‘help lift young people’s voices’
- Brontosaurus repair: The Bayville dino, giant 1925 movie prop, is getting a new head & tail
- Murphy & entire NJ congressional delegation make last pitch against Trump’s plan to drill off coast
- 155,000 – NJ court determines how many affordable housing units are needed by 2025
- Marlboro connections to Trump and Stormy Daniels
- This made my day: Optimism, faith & hope at Seton Hall – Pope Francis’ progressive approach arrives
- At ‘Millennial Town Hall’ – Want to know why young adults are ditching NJ? Ask them
- One of the last Tuskegee Airmen dies at 95. Floyd Carter Sr. once commanded 732nd Military Airlift Squadron at McGuire Air Force Base in NJ
When white teachers expect less academic success than black teachers expect from the same black students – On PBS, writer Morgan Jenkins, Princeton grad who’s from South Jersey, talks about how to deal with that (hat-tip India Karavackas at South Jersey Progressive Women for Change)
NATIONAL (and INTERNATIONAL)
Quality snark: Military Refuses to Participate in Trump’s Parade, Citing Bone Spurs (Borowitz)
- The federal government is helping Long Branch develop a ferry service to Jared Kushner’s resort
- Seitz-Wald at NBC: Bernie Sanders warns Democrats against meddling in primaries. He would know
- Trump tariffs on imports are bad news for NJ businesses
- Cory Booker wows Democrats in early showcase of 2020 presidential hopefuls
- DNC, still staggering, trying to rebuild: Dems are considering dropping superdelegates altogether
- School attack in The Netherlands – no one gets hurt because it isn’t the US