Op-ed: As the country listens to Florida teens, Black Lives Matter youths feel ignored: When they were protesting in the streets of cities across America, much of the country didn’t bother to listen – not embraced by the mainstream for their bravery, their determination or resolve to bring attention to reckless police killings that disproportionately impact young African-Americans. (Glanton, Chicago Tribune)
- Trump threatens to shut down government rather than fund Gateway tunnel
- How did Chris Christie’s name come up in the Gateway tunnel fight? Oh, that’s how. Ugh.
- Has the public had it with Jared & Ivanka? A new poll shows the public is tiring of them
- Erik Prince, founder of the mercenary army company Blackwater, and sister to Betsy DeVos, implicated in a murder (The Nation)
- You’d think this story was about Alabama. But it’s not. NJ’s Anti-Abortion boys – at it again.
- Bill Orr’s series on Murphy’s first budget: NJPP’s recommendations in line with the public
- Senate approves Murphy’s choice former Obama officials to lead Health, Human Services
- Marching orders: Fix medical marijuana program, Phil Murphy’s new health commish is told
- Happy International Women’s Day to one of our favorite badass women, Loretta Weinberg
- Good economic news for Murphy. NJ employment has recovered from Great Recession after 10 years
- Special interest lobbyists spend $90.8M in 2017. Who spent the most?
CD7: ‘Fake news ad’ fallout – Linda Weber campaign doubles down, Tom Malinowski campaign denies any wrongdoing
“The Many Saints of Newark” – David Chase, who created The Sopranos on HBO is developing a big-screen prequel to the Sopranos story – set around Newark in 1967
- Trump embracing the swamp (long as he doesn’t have to live here): The candidate that President Donald Trump has picked to oversee the cleanup of Superfund sites around the country is currently employed by one of the companies responsible for some toxic sites in NJ.
- Want a big job in legal weed?
- Trenton mayoral race locked in with 8 candidates
- You think you had a hard time in the storm? Drivers’ scary night stranded on NJ interstates
- Judge’s order for more affordable housing in Princeton could ripple across New Jersey
- Fisherman’s Energy LLC: Wind energy eyes restart in NJ with Gov. Phil Murphy in office
- Following a decision to post armed police in Cherry Hill schools, concerns some might not interact well with minority youth
- Judge blocks JCP& L high-voltage line, rebukes utility on project plan. And a visibly angry Murphy calls for an investigation into the back-to-back storm power outages