Above South Plainfield HS students participate in #NationalWalkoutDay on guns; Superintendent Noreen Lishak commends them for “commitment to their cause,” but intends to suspend each of them. Photo: Nick Muscavage
- Murphy’s healthcare budget: Beyond the headlines, where will he put the state’s money? or cut back?
- NJ marijuana legalization: Homegrow, and 400 weed dispensaries in bill from Reed Gusciora
- No fare hikes, Murphy reassures commuters
- The impact Steve Sweeney may have on Murphy’s budget
- Appellate court rules disgraced state senator Wayne Bryant will be stripped of his pension
- Christie ally quits Highland Council before Murphy can kick him out. Jim Rilee is also a Republican councilman in Roxbury.
Jersey Jazzman: The Facts About NJ Charter Schools, Part 1: Prelude. Gov. Murphy says he wants to take a hard look at the state’s charter school rules. Mark Weber and Julia Sass Rubin have been doing the data-driven work on how these schools actually operate for years. Good place for Murphy to start.
South Plainfield students to be suspended for walkout
District allocations of school aid from Governor Murphy’s budget proposal – here
Green balloons released at the grave by school children, drifting in the sky toward Newark. This story from Bob Braun about a Newark child’s suicide is heartbreaking and will challenge you to consider how much we expect kids to conform.
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- Judge allows hospitals’ lawsuit against Horizon to go to trial
- What’s happening in the solar sector?
WASHINGTONIA / MIDTERMS
- School safety bill passed by overwhelming margin. Why NJ Dem, Bonnie Watson Coleman, voted No
- Good luck with that: NJ congressional leaders seek new meeting with Trump on Gateway tunnel
- CD1: Morning radio host Republican Paul Dilks to challenge Norcross. Norcross won 60%-37% in 2016