Rosa Parks’ Birthday will be observed in Newark today 1pm as people gather by the Rosa Parks Statue (Essex County Government Complex, 50 West Market Street). Sponsored by People’s Organization For Progress.
Shorter Roundup today; I’m off to vote in Hunterdon County Democratic Committee’s county convention for CD 7 endorsement, where our county chair has already been campaigning for her choice, in advance of our vote.
GOV. PHIL MURPHY
Murphy Enters the Shark Tank: WNYC’s David Furst talks to Charles Stile on Murphy’s kumbaya consensus builder after Christie’s strutting alpha dog (7 min)
These are the jobs New Jersey want for Newarkers: Amazon patents wristband that tracks warehouse workers: The bracelet vibrates to point the employee’s hand in the right direction
More depressing news out of Mahwah. ‘Pathological liar,’ expletive, feuds.
As the outcome of an ethics complaint against board member Anna Fallon awaits resolution, TAPinto Flemington has sued the Flemington-Raritan School District to discover how much it has spent defending her.
Atlantic City’s new mayor believes legal weed could jump start his city’s economy. He’ll be along as some NJ lawmakers journey to Nevada to see how their fellow casino state’s doing launching their marijuana economy
In ‘life and death’ stakes, judge stops NJ deportation of Indonesians
- The GOP could lose 40 House seats this November, several of them right here
- Mike Kelly on Bob Menendez: NJ’s political escape artist
- Insider NJ’s Who’s Up & Who’s Down for the week Frelinghuysen announced his ‘retirement’
- What it’s like to be Rolodexed: One candidate’s journey into the reality of political fundraising (The Intercept)
- The Dead Enders: Candidates who signed up to battle Donald Trump must get past the Democratic Party first (ditto)
- CD11: With Rodney out, Republicans belly up to the bar, including Jay Webber – and Sen. Joe Pennacchio, Asm Tony Bucco, Kate Whitman (former Gov’s daughter), ex-Harding Mayor Nic Platt, Morris freeholders Tom Mastraneglo, and Christine Myers -plus this Sussex freeholder
- DNC hires EMILY’s List/Kerry veteran Mary Beth Cahill as Interim CEO after 2008 Hillary operative Jess O’Connell is out after 8 months
- Nobody wants to do the harvesting: California crops rot during farmworker shortage (Fortune)
- Rep. Jerry Nadler has seen classified info and says the House GOP is trying to obstruct the Russia probe
- Jimmy Kimmel introduced some Trump supporters who don’t like DACA to a DACA family. It goes like you’d think.