“Thoughts and prayers”
Good morning, Blue Jersey. There have already been 18 school shootings this year. It’s February 15th.
The Murphy years
Stephen Danley looked at the research being done by education writers Brother Rann and Jersey Jazzman, with regard to some of the choices which will now be made by Gov. Phil Murphy
AG Gurbir Grewal announces: 7 arrested in a gun ring purchasing weapons in Ohio and driving them to Camden, including weapons tied to violent crimes in Camden in recent years
- On News 12 a month after inauguration, Murphy faces public questions for the first time
- 6 gun control bills Phil Murphy will likely sign into law
- “Don’t raise our costs, please.” New Jersey manufacturers talk to a bi-partisan legislative working group
- The answer is yes. Would a tech upgrade make NJ government more user-friendly?
The plume at Pompton Lakes: How toxic chemicals from a DuPont plant wound up beneath 400 NJ homes
- A hail of protest as PennEast turns to eminent domain to acquire land homeowners don’t want to sell them
- We may be 10 years and massive spending from effectively protecting NJ children from lead poisoning
Midterms – and 2020
Be like Bernie. Cory Booker just took another step toward a run for president
Come on, it’s only $12.7 billion. We’ll spend that much underwriting your luxury weekends at your gold-plated golf clubs. Two years ago, it was considered one of the most important infrastructure projects in the country. But now the much needed new rail tunnel under the Hudson doesn’t even rate a mention in Trump’s infrastructure blueprint. And Trump’s FY 2019 budget cuts funding for Amtrak’s long-distance passenger trains and eliminates the very federal program through which the project was supposed to be funded.
It’s a good thing immigrant-advocate groups are nicer than Mendham deputy mayors. Comparing undocumented immigrants to raccoons got Mendham Township Deputy Mayor Rick Blood bounced from the deputy mayor spot he held for just two months. But not his day job, where he’s been Roxbury’s director of public works for nearly a decade
BRAVO – to this Star-Ledger editorial: NJ official who dehumanized immigrants just wants us to understand Trumpism