Fear of trial lawyers. House quietly votes to gut a major part of the ADA
Latest gun massacre
- Once again, McSweeney’s has the best writing in America. 2 years old, but it feels fresh: Please Don’t Get Murdered at School Today (Kimberly Harrington)
- Trump is going to Florida, will talk about mental illness. I hope Lori Alhadeff, whose 14-year-old daughter was just shot down finds him. This is her on TV.
- When you hear them say, it’s not guns, it’s mentally ill people: Remind them Trump just signed the bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for people with mental illness
- NJ flags at half-staff on next Tuesday for the Florida victims, Murphy vows crackdown on gun violence
- Nutley schools are closed today after a video posted to Instagram with a possible threat to schools
- Marco Rubio is an idiot. That is all
- Would NJ football coaches take a bullet for our kids? Steve Politi asked them
Loretta Weinberg has been on-point on this for 8 years
- Democrats finally win 8-year fight to restore Christie’s women’s health care cuts
And more Trentonia
- Where’s Phil Murphy? No public schedule today.
- 10 ways Phil Murphy is already erasing Chris Christie
- Verlina Reynolds-Jackson: Meet NJ’s newest Assembly member
- NJ Dems pursue individual mandate for workaround Trump administration repeal of key ACA reg
- New incentive for NJ homeowners & businesses to install solar panels
- Incremental Dems: State senators stop well short of Gov’s preference to legalize weed in this state
Around New Jersey
- Redlining: Camden a hot spot for mortgage denials, investigation finds people denied loans based on race
- Jeff Edelstein at The Trentonian makes the case for Reed Gusciora as mayor of Trenton
- Can ICE stake out courthouses to arrest unauthorized immigrants?
- No, New Jerseyans don’t want drilling. What happened – inside & outside – the only public hearing in NJ on the Trump administration’s proposal to open federal waters to offshore oil and gas drilling
- Menendez questions Mnuchin, slams Trump’s IRS as hypocrites for limiting your property tax deductions