- DCCC just expanded the target-district list: Now every GOP-held NJ seat is a national-priority target.
- On the day NJ-4 named to the national Dems’ target list, Dem candidate Jim Keady does a Reddit AMA
- Nope. Former Jets center Nick Mangold is not running for Congress
The Trump Era
This is Colbie Holderness, first ex-wife of top Trump aide Rob Porter. Two ex-wives have now told news media that he beat them up. He denies the allegations, but abruptly resigned the White House Wednesday.
- Calling for a halt to Trump administration plans to drill off the Jersey Shore
- Trump just signed the budget deal, ending a brief government shutdown
- DACA is left out of the budget deal – – again
- Wrong direction: Trump’s job approval numbers are inching up, his disapproval numbers inching down
- Trump EPA chief Scott Pruitt says global warming might be beneficial ‘because humans have most flourished’ during warming trends. It fell to actual scientists to say intelligent, factual things to fix the damage Pruitt did saying his silly stuff
- Oh LAWD, I am so TIRED. Steve Sweeney fires first public shot at Phil Murphy
- Stile: Sweeney channels his inner Chris Christie
- Meet the newest – and youngest – NJ lawmaker. He’s 31, and from Bergen
- Have thoughts on legal weed? Your NJ Assembly wants to hear from you
- Democrats urge Murphy to reopen Hagedorn Psychiatric Hospital in Hunterdon, whose elderly patients were sent to overcrowded, overwhelmed Greystone Park Hospital in Parsippany.
New Jersey and Not-New Jersey
- Ran for Governor: Meet Seth Kaper-Dale, the pastor fighting to protect NJ’s undocumented immigrants
- Not New Jersey, but fascinating: Pennsylvania Supreme Court explains why it struck down the congressional map that favors the GOP
International – and Planet
- Be glad NASA can do math: Asteroid 50-130 feet wide will pass by us closer than the moon – TODAY
- Wrong direction: Bermuda becomes the first jurisdiction in the world to repeal same-sex marriage
- Olympics Opening Ceremony: North and South Korea march in under a unified flag, and Kim Jong-un’s sister and South Korea’s president shake hands
Asteroid image above: Nope, that’s not today’s asteroid, it’s a NASA drawing of the asteroid that whizzed by us on Super Bowl Sunday, “larger than any skyscraper ever built.” Don’t be nervous. Happy Friday.