A blizzard of ‘Fire and Fury’ covers the White House. New Yorker Cartoon by Jeremy Nguyen. One pullout story from the book: Did Trump run for president because of Christie’s Bridgegate scandal?
Blockbuster piece by James Risen at The Intercept: Till recently, Risen was national security reporter for the New York Times. Now at The Intercept he has a huge story out trying to publish major national security stories the public should know, as both the U.S. government and his own editors at the Times were suppressing his reporting
- And kiss your ass goodbye. The CDC has scheduled a briefing on how the public can prepare for nuclear war
- Our allies are reading this. Countries that don’t like us are too. President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days
- FBI launches new Clinton Foundation investigation
- Sucking up bigly: This Republican was Trump’s top Jersey backer
- ICYMI: Trump says he’s “like, really smart,” he’s “a very stable genius.”
CHRIS CHRISTIE, GOING, GOING …
- Charles Stile: Christie gets one last chance to stake his claim to history – his last State of the State address
- Matt Arco looks back to when he was a baby reporter and Christie the law ’n order governor, hs exit interview with Christie
- On his way out the door, Christie awards more than $35 million to addiction-treatment providers
- Taxes as charity? 3 New Jersey towns try to elude the GOP tax law. Do you live in one of them? Josh Gottheimer weighs in.
- $5G tax break to land Amazon for Jersey gets quick OK from lawmakers
- Murphy and NJ congressmen denounce Trump’s plan to drill of the Jersey shore
- Paterson schools are almost state-free – – or are they (NorthJersey editorial)
- Sweeney is ‘downright angry’ after his nuclear subsidy bill died in Assembly, and taking out his fury on Prieto and Murphy
- Miss America changes their rules – why’d they do that?
- Caught on video surveillance: Plants were stolen from Egg Harbor Township’s medical marijuana facility last month
- Camden schools are dealing with an influx of students from Puerto Rico, some who arrived with little more than the clothes on their backs
- The Record’s new Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down feature: Here’s who got the opposable digits in week one
- Why can’t genealogists get birth certificates in Jersey City?
- Trigger warning for you snowflakes: Drew Sheneman looks back on his 2017 cartoons
ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES
- By Gov. Jim Florio: When politicians treat voters like adults
- Get over yourselves: Touchy Somerset County Republicans turn down the chance to party with and split the tab with Somerset Dems
- Murphy reps Fisher and Lanigan respectively at Ag and Corrections
- At InsiderNJ: Pennington Councilwoman Mills well position to succeed Muoio in LD15
- Yanked: Prieto pays back Jones for coughing up Essex to Coughlin
Involuntary treatment may be the next tool to fight the opioid crisis