7 Jersey law changes that could affect you just came in with the new year.
Drawing a bead on Murphy’s education policies.
NJ’s cash-starved state budget expected to take big hit as estate tax goes by the board and sales tax inches down.
- An environmentalist’s case for nuclear energy. (James Florio OpEd)
- A nuclear subsidy for PSEG isn’t assistance, it’s an energy tax hike – and it’s essential that we recognize this. (Matt Fossen OpEd)
Environmental advocates look to Murphy to stop Pinelands (pictured above) pipeline construction.
- For Senate Minority Leader Schumer (NY) funding for a new rail tunnel beneath the Hudson River was a do-or-die proposition.
- Did Trump kill the plan for a Hudson Rail Tunnel? Its backers hope not.
Mikie Sherrill (D-CD 11) one of ten national must-watch candidates of 2018.
Six US senators including Cory Booker fight to out-liberal one another ahead of 2020.
Cook Report on NJ House races in play (4 out of 5 districts): Toss Ups CD 2: where LoBiondo is retiring and CD 11: Frelighuysen. Lean Republican CD 7: Lance. Likely Republican CD 3: MacArthur.
HOBOKEN & JERSEY CITY
- Jersey City mayor, council members begin new terms.
- Jersey City ready to sue to prevent ‘Millionaire’s Marina’ at Liberty State Park.
- Bhalla sworn in as first Sikh mayor in Hoboken and N.J.
- Hoboken sends ‘welcoming’ sign to immigrants in first act of new mayor.
- A Tale of Two Cities: Hoboken and Jersey City.
Lawmakers allow 2% cap on police and firefighters wage raises to founder, special task force ends in disarray.
How NJ women feel about restaurant rest rooms: “Not a pretty picture.”
NJ continuing weather report: COLD and snowstorm heading for N.J. could explode into ‘bomb cyclone’ over East Coast.
- Congress will return to a full slate of difficult issues.
- The hurricane in Puerto Rico has become a man-made disaster, with a death toll threatening to eclipse Katrina’s.
- Democrats outline demands as threat of shutdown looms.