- New Jersey joins 15 other states in a lawsuit to stop the Trump administration from deporting ‘Dreamers’
- Thanks to a cooperative legislature, Murphy might get some extra time to prepare his first Jersey budget
- Cap on NJ superintendents’ salary may soon follow Christie out the door
- Somebody alert Norcross. Murphy wants ‘new culture’ in the EDA, an end to Christie’s “lavish” tax breaks. And he names his pick to run it.
- New sheriff in town: Donald Scarinci heard a direct message in Murphy’s inaugural address aimed directly at NJ Democratic Party faithful
THE NUCLEAR BAILOUT BILL GETS A COMMITTEE HEARING TODAY
- Sweeney’s very unpopular nuclear bailout bill gets a makeover behind closed doors to make it more palatable
- How PSEG lobbyists and Christie’s staff worked to hide nuclear plant finances from the public, as the company demands a rescue bailout of $300 million dollars from ratepayers – a hike of $41 a year for customers – for a company that doesn’t want to show its financials and may not need the money
I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU
Why should taxpayers shell out millions for anti-drug ads that center on Chris Christie? Loretta Weinberg says there are free ways to tell people that help is available. Besides, he’s old news, and unliked, so hardly a good messenger – even of the good stuff fighting opioids he did before he left (AC Press editorial, which I stated less … politely … than they did.
- So gross on so many levels. Chris Christie and George Norcross dine together again
- This story about what Christie did with the official portraits of two ex-governors makes him look pretty petty.
AROUND NEW JERSEY
24% of the world’s people are Muslim, maybe she’s the one who needs the class – Chatham mom Libby Hilsenrath files federal lawsuit against Chatham school district, BOE for her child having to “endure the promotion of Islam” in a class called World Cultures and Geography Class
Sworn in by NJ Attorney General Gurbir Grewal: Parthiv Patel, 27-year-old immigrant from India who came to New Jersey when he was 5, became the first so-called “Dreamer” to be admitted to the New Jersey bar yesterday. Murphy chose the occasion to announce NJ joining the DACA lawsuit
Should a private golf course be allowed to lease land from Liberty State Park?
Point-in-Time annual survey aims to count the people who are homeless in New Jersey
Actually not being a racist hasn’t apparently occurred to him. Retired Byrum police chief and ex-councilman Eskil Danielson, who called Trayvon Martin a “thug,” says Eric Garner caused his own death by resisting, and repeats the right-wing lie that Heather Heyer died of a heart attack and not from a white nationalist deliberately driving a car into people during the proto-Nazi uprising in Charlottesville, Virginia last year, wants an apology from the councilman who dared to call him a “racist.”
What could possibly go wrong? 75 mph speed limit on the GSP? Petition seeks fast change
The good times just keep coming: The value of your house is about to drop by an average 7.5%, says Moody’s. That’s the GOP tax plan coupled with NJ’s reduction in the sales tax rate, part of a deal to raise the gas tax.
BCRO (Bergen County Republican Organization) is a mess and trying to rebuild
Well that’s 7 things Bob Menendez doesn’t have to worry about. Days after the federal government announced they’re retrying Menendez and his pal the Florida eye doctor, a federal judge acquits them both of nearly half the corruption counts they were charged with in the trial that ended in a hung jury
- Here’s a refresher course on the Menendez trial
- Jeff Tittel at Sierra Club: For environment, Trump’s first year is a disaster
- Trump says he is willing to speak to Mueller “under oath” – “There has been no collusion whatsoever. There is no obstruction whatsoever.”