GOV PHIL MURPHY
Unlike Corzine, who took only a $1 salary as Gov, Murphy will be taking the full $175,000 paycheck. He had just finished talking with a group of people who are working poor and earning the minimum wage of $8.60/hour when reporters seemed to surprise him with that question.
- At that talk with working people, on raising the minimum wage: ‘We are done with this us vs. them attitude. No details or timeline on this though.
- You’re in charge now, Phil Murphy. Here are 7 menacing Jersey issues staring right in your face
- Murphy socked by lawsuit over Christie’s decision to end harbor compact
- NJ Senate confirms Gurbir Grewal, who becomes the nation’s first Sikh state attorney general
- Clean energy: Why NJ environmentalists are thrilled about Murphy
- Those Christie-centered anti-drug TV ads were never a good use of taxpayer funds. Now they might be pulled by the Murphy administration
- Stile: Political realities temper governor’s liberal dreams
- Transparency: Murphy exec order tightens the rules on gifts the governor can receive, after years of Christie claiming exemption for gifts from ‘friends’
OUT WITH THE OLD?
- Christie’s first day off looked a lot like when he was governor. He spent part of it with Joe D
- Chris Christie, Obamacare’s unknown champion: A savvy political decision brought medical insurance to more than a half million NJ poor people
- Christie v. NCAA: Chris Christie may win big in the U.S. Supreme Court case to legalize sports betting
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- What it looks like: East Brunswick mayor charging people $75 apiece for a State of the Township talk. If that’s not what it really is, fix it.
- 2 DACA recipients: Here’s what NJ can do to help us despite impasse in D.C.
- PSEG wants a rate increase, nuclear subsidy, despite a cut in corporate income taxes that could yield its parent company as much as $850 million
- Could dune work delays impact Seaside Heights’ tourist season?
- Low voter turnout in the Murphy election: Why now’s the time for NJ to adopt automatic voter registration (Jesse Burns, Myrna Perez)
- Op-ed: It’s not too late to put Abbott to work at what it does best: The Abbott pre-school model was designed to provide young children with a strong foundation for later success in school and life, and it has worked in even the state’s most disadvantaged cities
- ‘Passing the trash’ – A coalition of 18 organizations ask lawmakers to pass a bill to better prevent teachers accused of sexual misconduct from easily moving to new jobs
- GOP accuses Cory Booker of mansplaining to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. Here’s what Booker has to say
- Ballistic missile warnings, CDC nuclear detonation briefings, and Trump is golfing: Will this president tweet us into war? And who will speak out?
- Trump says privately that a terror attack could save him and the GOP from 2018 election bloodbath
- Electoral college is ‘vestige’ of slavery, say some Constitutional scholars
- Version of Cory Booker’s weed legalization bill introduced in the House
- Suicides are up in Puerto Rico since Hurricane Maria, as the government abandons the island (Daily Kos)
- Majority of National Park Service board resigns, citing Trump administration indifference