- HBO’s Vice News covers Christie’s rocket rise and deep fall. It all started, they say, with this gutsy teacher from Hunterdon.
- Phil & Tammy Murphy among 16 speakers at the Women’s March on NJ Jan 20th
- What if the Gateway tunnel project gets junked too? We need a contingency plan says Sen. Bob Gordon
- You should know this about property taxes and the Trump tax law before filing your NJ return
- ACLU calls out Morris County mayor who blocked critics from Facebook page
- The legislature needs to overhaul its sexual misconduct policy, say Loretta Weinberg & Craig Coughlin
- NJ Transit riders fed up with delays: Could they get a refund? Refund? REFUND? Are you crazy?
- These Jersey ‘dreamers’ fear Trump will deport them
- Ex-Lawrence mayor Mark Holmes admits he stole nearly $100k in public funds, and spent it at strip clubs and spa treatments
- New legislative session offers a second chance for bypassed bills
- Now we know which NJ Govs say “HELL” and which will only say “HECK”
- State plans to restore 240 acres of Liberty State Park to salt marshes, forests, wetlands and grasslands
- Who is Sean Sullivan? Morristown attorney from Verona wins $17k on Jeopardy
- Phil Murphy on weed, taxes, Trump. And making NJ the next California
- Vermont set to legalize weed. Why that’s a big deal for NJ
- I’d be soooo shocked if little Flemington got a dispensary … Are you OK if your town allows marijuana sales?
- Herb Jackson on the Gottheimer plan: Can property taxes really be deductible as charitable contributions?
- Next job idea for Christie? House votes to extend NSA’s warrantless surveillance program for another 6 years
- Trump calls Haiti and African nations “shithole countries” so there must be something big he needs to distract us from.
- If he thought he was flattering Aryan-looking Norwegians he thinks highly of, well they weren’t having it. They have great healthcare, family leave, free education and real gun control. And they don’t want to come to our shithole country, certainly not while we have this shithole president.
- Trump cancels his trip to London, blames Obama. Londoners are crying in their warm beer (no, they’re not)
- Trump administration will allow states for the first time to impose work requirements on Medicaid recipients. They say that will make people healthier. There’s not strong evidence for that claim.
CHRIS CHRISTIE, LAMEST OF DUCKS
But, but … Michele Brown must be left with a cushy position. Longtime volunteers are angry and say they are concerned for the people they’ve served for decades after Gov. Chris Christie named a long list of his political allies and aides to dozens of state boards — some serving sensitive populations like mental health patients and overseeing psychiatric hospitals
- Dustin Racioppi fact-checks Christie’s last State of the State. This does not go well for Christie.
- Christie’s opioid campaign is reaching addicts, but at $43 million there are some hard questions about it
- High drama and low comedy: The Christie years
- Chris Christie’s best 13 moments as NJ Gov
- Christie spends $740k on quick review of psychiatric hospitals after safety complaints
- Christie’s parting gift: Billions to get Amazon