- Republicans are on track to pass their sweeping $1.5 Trillion tax overhaul and get it to Trump by Christmas, after both Marco Rubio and Bob Corker signed on. Polls show Americans aren’t buying it and like scientist Jessica Brescher of Dover, N.J., aren’t even sure they understand it. Neither do the Republicans signing it. Corker didn’t even read the bill he agreed to sign, but that shouldn’t surprise anyone.
- Guess which NJ city is #2 on the list: The Trump tax bill could make these 11 cities a bad place for homeowners
- Poll: Democrats Want to Ditch Their Leaders and Move to the Left. They’re Right (Richard Eskow, HuffPo)
- I’m a Brown Woman Who’s Breaking Up With the Democratic Party, Saira Rao, Dem loyalist &Hillary fan, tells Huffington Post she’s had it
- Joe Biden to Anita Hill: “I Owe Her an Apology” Ya think? (Teen Vogue got the interview)
2018 CAME EARLY
- The United States Senate is a 2018 toss-up
- Frelinghuysen has lots of power in D.C. But his pro-Trump votes could cost him big in NJ
- Is Alabama a harbinger? (John Farmer)
NEW JERSEY DEMS
Death threat against Cory Booker prompts extra security
- Coughlin picks Cimino to lead Assembly Majority Office
- Stile: Phil Murphy adopts diplomatic tone during rocky transition
- Video: Gottheimer hosts mayors’ summit on tax reform
- “Democrat” Joe D: 20 years of Joe D? 5 challenges Dem power broker faces in reelection bid
CHRISTIE TO MURPHY TRANSITION
- What a petty, self-absorbed baby. Chris Christie’s miffed that Phil Murphy posed with a life-sized cutout version of his famous beach photo.
- Phil Murphy: A spat with Christie followed by Cabinet picks
- Murphy in Puerto Rico: An inside look at what he was doing down there
AROUND NEW JERSEY
Here’s what’s on tap under the gold dome on Monday
- Rutgers spends $115M for basketball practice facility
- Mahwah reverses course on eruv ban and park restrictions
- 9 ways you got screwed in 2017, New Jersey
- Why your gas and electric bill could jump next year
Blue Jerseyans, I grew up in Detroit, where Viola Liuzzo was a hero whose murder rocked that city. She was a Detroiter who went to Alabama to participate in the civil rights movement and was murdered. After Doug Jones’ Alabama victory, New York Times looks at the crime, and talks to her family.
TRUMP & HIS REPUBLICANS
- Rumor is Trump could fire Mueller before Christmas after Congress leaves for winter recess, says Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA)
- The idiot video FCC Chair Ajit Pai made for The Daily Caller: ‘Harlem Shake’ creators might sue him for using it without permission
- Trump’s dreaming of a white man’s Christmas – an unhappy holiday for most (David Greenberg)
For years, a secret Pentagon program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, including sightings of aircraft that moved at hyper velocity with no visible signs of propulsion, or that hovered with no apparent means of lift. “I have no idea what I saw,” said a Navy pilot. “It had no plumes, wings or rotors and outran our F-18s.” The program was largely funded at Harry Reid’s request.