Christie says he was ousted as Trump’s transition honcho because he opposed hiring Mike Flynn and tried to warn Trump Flynn had bad judgement and he says removing him as transition chair was a ‘big mistake’ that the country paid for
- Stile: Christie makes bid for lame duck relevance
- Christie’s last candlelight vigil for those suffering from addiction
- In its last gasp, Christie panel gives dire appraisal of NJ’s public pension system
- $15 minimum wage is an economic necessity for working New Jerseyans (op-ed, Brandon McKoy, NJPP)
- NJ bail reform praised, but mass incarceration persists (op-ed, Alexander Shalom, ACLU-NJ)
- How the hell does Murphy let Chris Christie look more transparent & accountable than him? Christie confirms he didn’t have his transition team sign non-disclosure agreements
- Joe DiVincenzo’s campaign funds case is finally over, with a wrist-slap, as his protector Christie drifts away.
- Hours before the House passed concealed carry, this protest in Morristown
- NJ rents go through the roof – if you can afford a roof
- Moran: Republicans are ramming a tax bill everyone hates, except Trump and his rich friends
- Phil Murphy plans trip fo hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico
- Christie hints he might sign bill to subsidize PSEG’s nuclear plants
- A perfect example of Leonard Lance trying his best to look helpful, is this effort on SALT with Gottheimer
- Cory Booker explains his call for Franken to resign (video)
- Cory Booker helps raise GOTV ash for Doug Jones’ campaign to defeat Roy Moore
- Booker and Menendez: House Republicans from blue states can save your property tax break
- Because you have to learn not to defraud the government? Lakewood residents are learning lessons after fraud busts, religious leader says
- Fighting the war on opioids: Substance abuse on the school front
- NorthJersey.com is re-running their video: How to run for office in your town
- NJ sexual assault hotlines report uptick in calls after Weinstein
- Trump science job nominees are missing something: Advanced science degrees. Christie Todd Whitman and Rush Holt weigh in
Mickey Carroll is being mourned today at the Star-Ledger, where he was a reporter. He had a long distinguished career in both journalism and political polling, and was a witness to Jack Ruby shooting Lee Harvey Oswald. He was 86.
Trump impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly. House Dems overwhelmingly joined Republicans on to defeat an attempt to impeach President Trump. But 58 Dems supported the bid to consider impeachment – over the objections of House Democratic leaders, who saw this as a distraction in a GOP-controlled Congress.
- What could possibly go wrong? Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and orders the U.S. embassy to move there, reversing nearly 7 decades of American foreign policy and setting the Mideast on edge
- Drunk? Stroke? Bad dentures? Who can tell? In Israel speech Trump slurred his words, unable to say God bless the United States at the end. Watch.
No, Donald, Time’s Person of the Year isn’t you. It’s ‘The Silence Breakers,’ accusing powerful men of sexual harassment
But is she allowed to eat alone at a table with him? Newsweek reports that Mike Pence’s wife thinks Donald Trump is ‘reprehensible’ and ‘totally vile’
Well, our attention sure is off Roy Moore and Donald Trump, isn’t it? John Conyers: Resigning, with resentful feelings among some black lawmakers. Al Franken: Making an announcement today, with 32 Democratic senators and counting – including Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren – calling on him to resign.
Here’s who gets Franken’s seat if he resigns. Her name is Tina Smith.
- House passes concealed carry gun bill. Another step backward, but tacked to better background checks
- This was Los Angeles yesterday, as fires threatened The Getty Center art complex’
- Not the typical morning commute… pic.twitter.com/kJIOQeqsIK
Not the typical morning commute… pic.twitter.com/kJIOQeqsIK
— A. Mutzabaugh CMT (@WLV_investor) December 6, 2017