TODAY – Flash Protests Against the Trump Tax Scam – 11 am in locations across New Jersey
The populist president screws the consumer, again (Star-Ledger editorial)
- Insider NJ posted a retrospective of 2017
- Everyday news: Trump vs. Murphy – We need to hear more from the Gov-elect
- The PATH extension is not a priority. Gateway is a priority. (S-L editorial)
- Water advocates seek backing for massive infrastructure upgrade
- Will Brian Stack take over the HCDO?
- Quote of the Day: “Where can I get one?” That’s Menendez on Amy Wilson’s handmade patch with his words
If the regime you’re living under gives you the creeps, Katrín Jakobsdóttir was just elected Iceland’s new Prime Minister over the weekend. She’s a 41-year-old democratic socialist, feminist, anti-militarist who says Iceland will expand its health-care system, “go farther than the Paris Accord” in fighting climate change and strive for increased gender equality. She was Iceland’s Minister of Education, Science and Culture – because they have those things there. And she’s Iceland’s 2nd woman PM.
And last week, this was the British Parliament debating whether Britain should cancel Trump’s upcoming state visit