Sports Illustrated honors Colin Kaepernick with its Muhammad Ali Legacy Award, for sportsmanship, leadership, using sports as a platform for changing the world – and for giving a damn about Philando Castile. Eric Garner. Alton Sterling. Freddie Gray and so many others.
What, Chris Christie worry? Gov. Christie will be featured in Mad Magazine’s upcoming “20 Dumbest People, Events and Things of 2017” issue – for sunning himself on the beach when you couldn’t.
- Democracy isn’t dead, not even in South Jersey.
- NJ Legislature: The lame ducks are quacking. What’s coming.
- Poll: Menendez politically unpopular, but not dead
- Feds say NJ padded its Medicaid bills by $600M
- Wife of JC political operative lands City Hall job
- Christie nominates MCDC Chair McCabe to Port Authority
- ACLU leader to Murphy, lawmakers: Legalize pot for racial justice
- Did the earth move for you, too? 4.4 magnitude earthquake felt across NJ
- Welle, Keady and Keeling – Meet the 3 Dems challenging Rep. Chris Smith
- Interactive map: Who gets hurt most by GOP’s plan to kill higher-ed deductions?
- Will NJ make a healthy environment an inalienable right? Pennsylvania & Montana already have
- Cape May County’s Democratic chair nominated by Christie to be next county prosecutor
- Rutgers professor: Advice from an AIDS fighter about climate-change denialism
- The Camden house tied to MLK is repaired, but the homeowner and non-profit working on it part ways
- Phil Murphy: New Jersey could sue to block aspects of any GOP tax overhaul that becomes law
- Trump-backed Senate Republican tax bill: 7 things you may really hate
- ‘This is insanity!’ That’s what Booker said about Trump-backed Senate GOP tax bill
- NJ moves closer to banning bump stocks – the gun accessory used in the Vegas massacre
- Former assemblyman Jason O’Donnell gets labor endorsement for Bayonne mayoral race
NY Daily News Editorial: Trump is a madman
Senate leaders push debate on the GOP tax plan to Friday – roll call votes begin again at 11am
White House bars one of the few black journalists from attending the White House Christmas Party, the excellent April Ryan, American Urban Radio Networks Washington Bureau Chief. In solidarity, CNN is disinviting itself. Also left off Trump’s guest list: White House reporter for nation’s oldest LGBTQ paper.
- Karma. White House reportedly overrun by cockroaches, mice and ants
- Diamond Reynolds has already watched boyfriend Philando Castile shot and killed by police with her 4-year-old child in the back seat. But it doesn’t end there. After she received an $800k settlement from the Minnesota cities involved, a local Sheriff’s deputy tweeted, ““she needs to come off County and State Aid now that she has some cash. It’ll be gone in 6 months on crack cocaine”. Reynolds has no criminal history of crack cocaine use.