Thank you, to all our veterans. And to all who fight for peace, a reminder of what Veterans Day once was. Above, T.C Ayers, a Vietnam veteran, spends some time alone near the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington. Photo: Michael S. Williamson/Washington Post
- Riding fly: The sterling debut of Newark Renaissance Ride. Dress to impress, mount bike, visit history. Awesome.
- What happened to that old Hahne & Co. building in Newark? Now it’s an explosion of art and creativity
- 4 things this NJ general says we can do to help veterans
- Mahway, Upper Saddle River double-down on eruv (NorthJersey.com editorial)
- Mike Kelly: Chris Christie’s fading voice
- To make guns safer, heed the lessons we took from automobiles (S-L editorial)
- Work Left to Be Done: NJ Community United Protests – – at Camden County Dem HQ
- South Jersey Democrats pick Van Drew for Congress – Latest play against progressive change
- 39 Dems beat out Republicans in Frelinghuysen’s district (and why he should be worried). YASSSSS.
- Do you live in one? I do! 196 towns that flipped from Christie to Murphy
- 10am Monday, Assembly will caucus re: leadership. NJ Senate has gelled their leadership – here in Twitter form
- How did your county vote? Where Murphy, Guadagno, 3rd parties got the most votes
- Advice for Phil Murphy – from former NJ Guvs
- Did Jersey’s disdain for Christie torch Republicans across the state on Election Day?
- Fearing politicization by a big law firm type, Sen. Rice wants Murphy to pick Dem primary rival Johnson for AG
- LD8, Assembly candidate Joanne Schwartz is within 300 votes of the GOP incumbent, Dems may file for recount
- Aide to Steve Fulop caught on ‘bid rig’ voicemail resigns from pro-education privatization he led in Jersey City
- Atlantic City: With a new mayor and a new governor, is it time for AC to thrive?
- I mean, I’m Team Blogger, but this is ridiculous. Senate panel votes to turn blogger, 36, without trial experience into a federal judge. So – What did he do as a blogger? Attack “Hillary Rotten Clinton.” Called gun control efforts after children were shot up at Sandy Hook Elementary School the “greatest attack on our constitutional freedoms in our lifetime.” Urged readers to join NRA. So – he’s not qualified, he’s just Republican-qualified.
- Ermahgerd, Newsweek said “Garden of Dicks!” How Donald Trump Rules America’s Garden of Dicks and Sparked the #MeToo Movement. – Well, that makes perfect sense now.
- How to Fix the Democratic Party by Bernie Sanders (Politico Magazine)
- The 3 richest Americans now own more wealth than the bottom half of the United States – combined
“ The wildest, weirdest 24 hours in American politics” Inside Donald Trump’s Election Night War Room (GQ)
- Goodbye, cruel Washington: Nearly 2 dozen congressional Republicans so far won’t be running for re-elect
- Dems smell blood in the water: 4 of NJ’s 5 GOP-held districts are vulnerable, via Cook Political Report
- Lulz. Now MacArthur wants distance from Trump. What’s the Trump move T-Mac doesn’t like?
- Who’s the worst? Come on, you KNOW. Abusing the franking privilege and wasting your tax dollars – bigly
- “I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother” Alabama’s Roy Moore
- Oopsie. Roy Moore just lost his double-digit lead
- House GOP tax plan is little help to high-tax states like New Jersey (NPR)
- Senate tax plan, different from House version, still raises taxes on millions of middle-class families
Lebanon’s prime minister is missing. It’s complicated, and Middle Eastern, and there could be trouble ahead in the region that Donald Trump is not equipped to handle.
What explains U.S. mass shootings? This international comparison won’t surprise you. But send it to someone it will
- Was there a nuclear material accident somewhere? A mysterious radioactive cloud over Europe
- Remarkable, considering the source: Joint U.S.-Russia statement calls for U.N.-supervised elections in Syria