Christie gets his State House oil portrait now, but I prefer this sidewalk chalk by Justin Escher Alpert.
Captures the man, plus it’s under my feet.
2 POWERFUL PIECES OF ART I RECOMMEND TO YOU
Read Bruce Lowry’s ‘The State of Poverty has no boundaries’. Read it because it’s good, but also because it’s a sort of film review of a movie I hope you’ll seek out (playing only on indie screens): The Florida Project. Sounds like a dreary documentary, but isn’t. It’s funny, and wonderful, and awful. You should see it. Not NJ, except that it also is.
Click the photo to read a review.
Special photo exhibit in Mercer County: SHOT – photos of 101 survivors of gun violence
Bonus: ICYMI: SNL goes after Al Franken on Weekend Update
OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW
Do you live in one? These 4 towns did something this election they haven’t done for nearly 40 years
Phil Murphy’s transition: Key leadership slots beginning to be filled in this, his first full week
Marijuana legalization efforts light up with Murphy COS pick
Christie gets a State House oil portrait now, so now it’s time to talk about his legacy. How many ways can you parse ‘awful’? But of course, his own opinion of himself is glowing.
Pollster Patrick Murray: “Really, at the end of the day, there’s not going to be a huge legacy left behind that you’l be able to point to and say, ‘That exists because of Chris Christie.’ It was just a force of nature that came on the scene. He’s not going to be remembered fondly.”
Stile on Christie: A complicated legacy
Stile on Christie: An enduring bully image. Melissa Tomlinson ‘almost has PTSD’ from Christie yelling at her, and his crowd of sycophants surrounding her.
Is a Christie listicle a Christicle? 11 new things we just learned about Christie.
VULNERABLE 2018 REPUBLICANS
- MacArthur: Why this NJ Republican keeps voting for things that could hurt Jersey
- Rodney’s Ruse: Frelinghuysen helped pass Trump’s tax plan (Moran)
- How vulnerable is Leonard Lance? And who wants his job? Part IV of Bill’s series on the House seats we need to win in 2018 is all about CD7
State AG Chris Porrino announces New Jersey is amending its consumer fraud and false claims complaint against Arizona-based opioids maker Insys Therapeutics, Inc. to go after the billionaire founder of the company, John N. Kapoor. That’ not even Kapoor’s only problem.
Star-Ledger editorial: The Republican trickle-down fantasy rolls on
MENENDEZ OFF THE HOOK?
- Bulletproof Bob? The complex past and uncertain future of Sen. Menendez
- Stile: Menendez faces landmines on the way to re-election
- Good for you. Day after his mistrial, Menendez was urging people sign up for Obamacare
- Senators say they welcome Menendez back. But he faces an ethics investigation there – with a burden of proof lower than in court
- Cartoon (below) and commentary from Drew Sheneman, Menendez mistrial mystifies many