MURPHY AND MORE MURPHY
- Three ideas for Murphy in addressing NJ’s property taxes.
- Sheila Oliver on how Phil Murphy will govern: “Intellectual.” “Analytical.” “A critical thinker”.
- How Murphy could upend Christie’s gun legacy.
- Murphy unveils his Transition Leadership Team.
- Murphy: Trump tax bill hasn’t changed his mind on millionaires’ tax.
- Murphy asks transition team to keep work secret, a common practice, but a little more transparency would be nice.
- Murphy goes all in on technology as a means to rehab NJ economy.
- Nonprofit backed by Horizon urges NJ to shore up the Affordable Care Act at the state level, offers a healthcare roadmap for incoming governor.
“Perspective and Personalities”: Two things that shape Trenton – including what a difference 20 years makes: 1998: Senate: 24 Rep – 16 Dem; Assembly: 48 Rep – 32 Dem with Governor: Republican Christie Whitman and 2018: Senate: 25 Dem – 15 Rep; Assembly: 54 Dem – 26 Rep with Governor: Democrat Phil Murphy.
NJ women still scarce; At high levels of government.
Federal audit queries $600m in NJ spending on school medicaid. State defends its calculations.
Sen. Ray Lesniak: “In the opioid crisis, recovery schools for children are essential.”
- Trump adds new delay to Booker-backed rule designed to curb abuses by financial advisers handling retirees’ investments.
- Trump signals changes are coming to tax bill as new study says those at the bottom are hurt.
- With a flurry of last-minute deals: Tax bill clears Senate Panel as support widens among G.O.P.
- Who’s lining up for and against the Trump-GOP tax bill?
- It’s not looking good for NJ homeowners and renters if Republicans in Washington, DC manage to agree on tax legislation this week.
- Tax Reform’s elimination of deduction for state and local taxes has received lots of attention, but ending of tax-exempt status for certain bonds could also hurt New Jersey.
- ‘He creates his own reality’: From ‘Access Hollywood’ to Russia, Trump paints the rosiest possible picture.
N.J.’s wealthiest give the most, right? 5 myths about philanthropy. (Opinion)
Proposed PATH extension to Newark airport goes before the public.
- State Senator Jeff Van Drew (D-1), one of our most conservative Democratic legislators, will launch his 2018 bid for Congress today for the seat now held by Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-CD2) who is not seeking reelection. Read about Van Drew’s abysmal record on just about every issue the impassioned progressive base cares about.
- Tanzie Youngblood, a progressive candidate in CD 2, is seeking volunteers. Her Facebook page.
- Meet Tom Malinowski, One of the Democrats challenging Rep. Leonard Lance. Go here for other candidates and the issues in this district.
- Forum tonight for candidates in CD 11: Will the reclusive Frelinghuysen grace the audience with his presence?