DURING THE BRIEF ERA OF TRUMP
- “In the closing days of an election whose symbolism came packaged in the form of a Confederate Flag as much as anything else, Mahwah Councilman George Ervin (pictured on the right) surfaced clinging to a corner of Dixie in an undated photo that a source said he had seen posted on Facebook.” (InsiderNJ) Last week the state Attorney General filed a nine-count lawsuit against Mahwah and its Township Council, contending that a pair of ordinances adopted last summer discriminate against Orthodox Jews and recall the postwar era of white flight to the suburbs.
- South Jersey Christian school investigating racist notes left in Black student’s locker.
- In Hunterdon’s Whitelandia, a Black mom’s life is threatened – the anonymous note signed by Ku Klux Klan
- The grounds for impeachment: Tread lightly, President Trump (S-L editorial)
The unfolding tragedy of the Manhattan terror attack: The suspect lived in Paterson and his rented truck came from NJ. (The Record) “It all seemed so hauntingly familiar. A rental truck. An angry young man, reportedly driven by radicalized Islamism. Another soft target.” (Mike Kelly)
6 DAYS TO GO
- Leading candidates agree Garden State’s transportation issues are critical, but they diverge significantly on how to repair them.
- Where the gubernatorial candidates stand on guns.
- Here’s how Murphy, Guadagno’s property tax bills compare to yours.
- The pot debate, and how Guadagni gets it wrong (Tom Moran)
- Independent Groups Spend $10.6 Million in NJ Governor’s Race.
- Only 6 days to our General Election, so what could go wrong?
N.J. must recognize marijuana’s medicinal value, says the State Appeals Court.
- In Camden ravaged by heroin, a needle exchange stalls.
- N.J. will sue OxyContin maker, saying it willfully misled people about opioid risks.
- Treatment costs money, but Trump opioid panel ducks question of new money.
“Almost eight years after Christie took office vowing to restore fiscal integrity, New Jersey has yet to conquer its most pressing issues: the nation’s highest property taxes and worst-funded pension system, but it will be no easier for his successor.” (Bloomberg)
Christie’s new pick to head the N.J. State Police: promoted from Deputy Superintendent of Operations.
Menendez trial coming to an end: Bribery definition in play, as judge prepares instructions to the jury.
Want to buy cigarettes? Starting today you have to be 21.
- House GOP delays tax bill rollout. Key details have yet to be finalized, and Republicans now plan to unveil the bill tomorrow.
- GOP Braces for ‘All Hell’ to Break Loose” When Tax Bill Finally Drops.
- Infamous former Representative Scott Garrett (NJ-5) groveling to become head of Ex-Im Bank, does a 180 on what was once his top position. His nomination hearing is today.
- Russia probe marked by contrasting styles of Trump and Mueller.