- This is a shout-out to my favorite winners, groundbreakers, karma bitches and field monsters. Who are yours?
- We won, Phil Murphy will be Guv. Woo! Look how far we’ve come since 2013. Now, here’s how to not screw it all up.
- Good. We’ll hold you to that. Murphy vows to turn NJ into ‘progressive blue beacon.’
- Expect Murphy to move fast on range of economic policies.
- We’re going to have something new to tax. With Murphy’s win, it’s ‘full steam ahead’ for legal marijuana.
- Phil Murphy wrote a check that he can cash. Sweeney to make millionaire’s tax, a top Murphy priority, happen in Jan.
- Democrats in complete control of everything make Tom Moran nervous. We’re all just gonna have to live with that.
- You already know Reason #1: 12 reasons why Murphy crushed Guadagno
- Actually, Wildstein says it was because Kim expected Christie to get out – and let her run as an incumbent.
- La-la-la. Christie ’n Trump – The best friends NJ Dems ever had? Well, except for Sweeney ’n Christie. But that sucked.
- Can’t happen soon enough. Let’s transition, baybee. Transition talks begin.
MORE ELECTION DAY FALLOUT
So Danica Roem wasn’t the first trans person elected to a state legislature. What a sad story. 20 years ago, Althea Garrison, a black woman, was serving in the Massachusetts House of Representatives when she was outed as trans, against her wishes, by the press. We still have work to do.
- Will NJ Dems vote today to replace Prieto as Speaker?
- Why did NJ have record low voter turnout when Virginia just had the highest in 20 years?
- Vito Perillo, 93-year-old WWII vet, was elected mayor in Tinton Falls and the Internet loves him
- Virginia’s state wins weren’t all Democrats: Lee Carter; Marine & Democratic Socialist beats House Majority Whip
- Runoff election in Hillside for mayor and council seats
- We’ve got work to do, Team Sussex. Despite uproar over Confederate flag, Parker Space romps to re-election
- Editorial lesson of 2017: Trump rejection has begun, in earnest (S-L editorial)
- Larry Krasner: Philadelphia’s just-elected district attorney may help alter criminal justice nationwide.
- Hey! In Washington state, Manka Dhingra flipped a state senate seat, now Dems have full control of government
AROUND NEW JERSEY
WHOA. Rutgers University and Princeton University are among the top U.S. colleges using offshore secretive investments to make money while avoiding tax scrutiny in the U.S., according to ‘Paradise Papers’ leaked documents.
- What a freakin’ tease. Now Joe Piscopo may set his sights on Washington. Believe. when. see.
- Hiring spree at Port Authority: 106 new full- and part-time employees, bringing staff to over 8,000
- GOP’s tax reform bill could sideline NJ’s clean-energy efforts
- Getting there: 44 NJ Transit train engineers diagnosed with sleep apnea, with engineers sidelined
- More about Princeton: A slave auction, slave-owning presidents – Princeton U unveils study of its past with racism
- Brava to the judge who refused to hide from the public a police brutality lawsuit alleging a man was beaten as he was arrested and his family made ill with pepper spraying. Good for the Jersey Journal for going after those documents.
- Maria Bartiromo and Tom Perez yell at each other: “You’re in fictional wonderland!”
- Dems expand their control of the Legislature. But that won’t guarantee peace.
- The jury’s in deliberations behind closed doors. What did Menendez do while that was going on?
- Menendez: Exoneration is ‘worth waiting for’
CHRIS CHRISTIE, TECHNICALLY STILL A THING
- Short-timer? Christie appoints 9/11 responder to run NJ’s state Dept. of Health, for Christie’s last 2 months.
- Things I’m tired of: Chris Christie bullying constituents. And Mary Pat Christie finding that hilarious and adorable.
After voting, Christie got into a bit of an argument with a voter who questioned why he didn’t merge His two towns pic.twitter.com/n3AQi3PfBk
— Nick Corasaniti (@NYTnickc) November 7, 2017