2018 CAME EARLY
- CD 11 Candidate Forum. Rodney was invited to speak, but didn’t show up. 6 people who want his job did
- McKeon publicly compares Frelinghuysen to his own congressman father, and it is not flattering.
- Both the 5 Dems and Frelinghuysen’s GOP opponent spoke out against Trump last night This morning, Matt Friedman in a Politico piece (paywall) makes the point that CD2’s demi-Dem (my term, not his) was quite “mild” about Trump … not interested in criticizing him.
- CD5: Ted, your Dem fan club wants you to come, pretty pleeeze? Ted Cruz just endorsed Steve Lonegan
- NRCC meets with potential candidates for LoBiondo’s soon-vacant seat.
GOT A NJ BUTTERFLY, TREE, BUG, FLAG, DINO. WE NEED A STATE FIBER ARTIST.
Amy Wilson’s making art out of our Soprano State Jersey politics. Little patches & hats. They’re amazing.
HOW LONG BEFORE TRUMP OOPSIE-TWEETS THE FUCKING NUCLEAR CODES?
Wednesday,, the President of the United States spent his time hate-tweeting the British PM. Theresa May had spoken out against Trump after he retweeted video purporting to show Muslims pushing a boy off a roof, from a British group known to post fake videos. But Trump bolluxed even that; he was not tweeting to the Prime Minister @Theresa_May, he was tweeting to @theresamay, an account with 6 followers.
DNC digging for Republican voters suppression evidence: Judge says DNC attorney will be allowed to depose Sean Spicer about the goings on in the Trump war room on election night
Gov. Tom Kean says Trump should fire EPA’s Scott Pruitt, in a piece Kean wrote for the New York Times
CNN watched Trump’s last 48 hours and they have a Question: Is Donald Trump losing control?
- GOP tax plan screws NJ. Sunday, Bernie Sanders will be an hour from the NJ border, talking about it all
- He’s back, New Jersey. Menendez: Trump tax bill is ‘on giant hit job’ on New Jersey
- Tom Moran: Is Trump finally going too far, as McCarthy did?
- Trump White House actually had an ethics lawyer, did you know that? Well, he’s gone now.
- Trump White House is getting easy to predict. Here they are trying to manage a devastating piece on Melania, at Vanity Fair. ( Or – Skip directly to Vanity Fair)
Prosecutors want a 30-year sentence for Menendez pal Salomon Melgen, convicted earlier of defrauding Medicare; falsely diagnosed elderly patients, subjected many to unnecessary treatment and sought to defraud the U.S. of at least $65 million through Medicare overbillings. What a pal.
NJ Transit lost 25% of its managers in the 2 years before the Hoboken crash
- A new program Bob Andrzejczak sponsored to keep veterans out of jail was discussed in South Jersey
- People caring for agin friends & family are burning out; Legislature is looking into getting them respite
- Change may be coming for New Jersey’s nuclear plants
- Legislators should read this: Chris Sturm of New Jersey Future on what a clean water agenda looks like
- Murphy says he’d consider emergency action – like NY’s – to save Obamacare for NJ
- Murphy’s getting pushback on legal weed & millionaire’s tax – from Democratic leadership.
- Phil vs. Kim was the 2nd-most expensive NJ Gov campaign in history.
- This time, a lot of that money came from “outside”
- Murphy’s making his 500+ transition team sign non-disclosure forms. He doesn’t wanna talk about it.
- At Rutgers, NY Fed president addresses key issues – including pension obligations – that await Murphy
Jersey’s troubled public worker pension system just hit a mark not seen in 2 years
All those tax breaks and money that flowed largely to Norcross-friendly corporations moving to or building in Camden via Norcross’ pal Chris Christie, now turns into corporate construction and building trades jobs.
And Lakewood manages to make Trump look like an amateur: Lakewood’s low-income housing director, heading a non-profit called Lakewood Tenants Association (LTO) – makes $469,000 – and is a convicted tax evader. Public records also showed that LTO was a funding source for a private school headed by LTO director Rabbi Meir Hertz.