George Norcross has pre-selected Jeff Van Drew to ascend to Frank Lo Biondo’s soon vacant House seat. The latest play against progressive change. And no – it’s not OK. Joe Biden was here to honor former Rep. William J. Hughes at the policy center named for Hughes at Stockton U.
- Paterson’s Cristhela Gonzalez, 20, first Dreamer deported under Trump, arrested again for trying to enter US.
- Keith Benson: Trenton changes, so must Camden’s school leadership
- Global hazelnut shortage? RU to the Rescue. Nutella could soon be made with hazelnuts developed at Rutgers
- Heartbreaking: This story about a death in Bordentown.
- Menendez Trial bombshell: Excused juror comes out, suggests a hung jury and blames the prosecution: ““I think the government was the crooked one, not Menendez.”
ELECTION DAY FALLOUT CONTINUES
- Libertarians, whaddayougonnado? Here’s how a libertarian site reported Murphy’s election.
- Stile: Anti-Trump backlash portends trouble for GOP in 2018
- Murphy met with Christie, their first since Murphy built a win on the ashes of Christie’s 8 years
- Brendan Gill: Murphy puts the spotlight on the guy who helped get him elected
- When your governor owns teams and stuff. Phil Murphy’s election makes soccer news
- Sheila Oliver will run DCA, Murphy’s first cabinet appointment is his LG
- Plainfield’s Adrian Mapp: After re-election, mayor asks for 115% raise
- I didn’t even see this till this morning! Black Lives Matter activist in viral 2016 photo wins Charlotte City Council seat
- The delicate politics of Murphy’s world, Sacco and the Prieto exit strategy
- ESSENCE takes note of NJ wins by Sheila Oliver and Ravi Bhalla
- Racist, fear-mongering ads didn’t stop Balvir Singh from winning, the Dem challenger becomes first Sikh to take county office. Congratulations to him!
- Dylann Roof sentenced to death for Charleston Emanuel AME killings. First death penalty for federal hate crimes
- Will believe when see. Dems mull big changes after Donna Brazile’s bombshell.
- Eric Trump’s brother-in-law promoted at the Department of Energy. The 2013 “hottest bachelor” contestant has basically no background in energy work.