4 DAYS OUT
Excellent long profile of Phil Murphy, called progressive in NJ Spotlight, the piece includes legit concerns about him
- The incredible Gabby Giffords (who even brings her own astronaut to rallies) for Murphy (video)
- More on Murphy with Giffords, vowing to tighten NJ gun laws, with Loretta Weinberg also in the house.
- Crime & social justice issues: Sharp divisions here between Phil & Kim
- Good news for offshore wind: Murphy & Guadagno both back it
- On education: Here’s where the Guv candidates stand
- How many millions did Murphy make last year? THIS many.
- Tuesday’s 2 Ballot Questions – Explained.
- Interactive map: Tracking gubernatorial campaign contributions
- Jersey City mayor race: Here’s how Fulop and Matsikousis come down on these 5 issues
- LD23: Engineer Laura Shaw (with Chelsea Handler): Why I’m Running. (video)
- LD23: Neuroscientist Christine Chen featured in new web series: 5 Women Reshaping the Political System.
- In LD3, costly grudge match pits Sweeney against GOP’s Grenier and NJEA
- It’s all about the Montclair. Montclair-centric take on Sweeney vs. NJEA
- Who’s spending record amounts? – these folks running for their shot in Trenton (or to keep it)
- What would cause chaos on Election Day? Any of THIS.
DID THE DNC BEGIN GIVING HILLARY CLINTON POWERS OF THE NOMINEE 1 YEAR BEFORE PRIMARY?
Elizabeth Warren: Yes.
(Former DNC Vice-Chair) Tulsi Gabbard: Not surprised.
Donna Brazile’s hot book excerpt that started the convo: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC
No time to read Brazile’s whole post? Here are 5 takeaways.
NJ POWER COUPLES: INSIDERNJ’s 2017 EDITION
How nice to be mentioned (with ‘affable’ Joey Novick). Thank You, Jay Lassiter. Even though you call me a matriarch (uh) and spell both my first and last name wrong. But I appreciate you including us, thanks Jay.
AROUND NEW JERSEY
- George Norcross expects Camden residents to move ‘to the suburbs’
- Obamacare still exists: Here’s how you can sign up before the Dec. 15 deadline
- Did this mayoral candidate lie about her college degree?
- Menendez trial: In closing, Feds cast Menendez as co-defendant Melgen’s ‘personal senator’ (NJ Law Journal)
- Defense in Menendez trial says government is ‘lying’ to jury
- Menendez prays with clergy outside courtroom as verdict nears
- Mary Pat Christie caught texting in distracted driving crackdown ordered by the AG
- ‘Landmark’ decision exposes disconnect in NJ pot policy
- Oh, they sure heard Trump’s #MAGA dog whistle: That racist Edison school board ugliness.
- Did racist ‘Make Edison Great Again’ election mailer break any laws?
- NJ’s hefty unfunded liabilities, a matter of concern to outside analysis
- Environmental justice is key aspect of climate change policy (damn right op-ed by Nicky Sheats)
READ THE HOUSE GOP’s 429-PAGE TAX BILL
- Read it here.
- Jersey residents would lose big under new Trump-House Republican tax bill
- Do you live in the county that would lose the most under Trump’s tax plan?
- The Republican tax plan: Bad for NJ and the GOP knows it (S-L editorial)
- 9 big questions about Trump-backed plan that could slam NJ (and help the president)
- It’s a permanent corporate tax cut, a bill weighted strongly towards benefitting business, which gets $1 trillion in net cuts (two-thirds of the total) and permanently slashing the cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 20% — a change estimated to reduce federal revenues by $1.5 trillion over the next decade alone.
Say goodbye, Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas – 20th House Republican to either resign this year or announce they won’t seek re-election. The casualty list is growing.
- Deactivated for 11 minutes last night: Donald Trump’s Twitter, by a Twitter employee gone rogue.
- Education officials expect ‘ineffective’ Betsy DeVos to step down as her agency collapses: report (Raw Story)
- Star-Ledger editorial (on national story: The national Republican party seems to be fracturing and irreparable, but some of its members have found a cause that can still unite them: hurting poor children.