THE TIME IS NOW – TO DISCUSS GUN POLITICS
- At a campaign event in Boonton after the Las Vegas shooting, Guadagno was asked her position on Murphy’s gun proposals but she said it was too early to talk about it.
- Phil Murphy had gotten right to the point saying he supports a ban on .50-caliber weapons, reducing the size of gun magazines, and requiring “smart guns” to be sold in the Garden State – all bills Christie vetoed.
- Mark Kelly: “Now is exactly the right time to talk about gun politics.” (S-L Opinion)
- Rep. Chris Smith, (R-4) made public his opposition to federal legislation that would make it easier for shooters to buy silencers. Will other Republicans fall in line?
Fulop and Matsikoudis go head-to-head for first time in mayor’s race.
50,000 NJ 3- and 4-Year-Olds Are Still Waiting for Full-Day, State-Funded Pre-k.
- Attack ads fill airwaves in NJ Governor’s Race.
- The Monmouth University Poll: Phil Murphy is leading Republican Kim Guadagno by 14 percentage points. His margin may be declining, but it is still large.
- Did you know you can already vote for N.J. governor? Registered voters across the state can vote by mail starting now. Applications for each county can be found online here.
- Reasons to vote: The governorship is the most powerful in the nation, NJ has big problems that only a governor can solve, and the country is watching.
- Does Bruce Springsteen want to be our governor? “Pssht, no. I’m just not interested. I know people in entertainment who are interested in those things, but I’m a musician.” (Variety)
- The Man Who Argued with Dictators: A June Politico interview with Tom Malinowski, the latest Dem who wants to run against Republican Leonard Lance in the 7th District.
- Mikie Sherrill’s house is officially going on the market this week, as she prepares to move into the 11th Congressional District to run against U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-11).
Comprehensive climate-action plan to cut greenhouse-gas emissions and reduce deadly air pollution may save NJ from being underwater – literally. NJ Spotlight Op-ED – Dan Fatton E. D. of the
- Trump’s focus during his visit was on the “unbelievable” and “incredible” job that his administration has done so far, plus, a few jabs at Puerto Ricans.
- Another person’s appraisal: ‘In my life, I have never seen anything so mismanaged.’
- AFL-CIO members in New Jersey mobilize to help hurricane victims in Puerto Rico.
- Estos puertorriqueños, con los que no pudo la crisis, ahora piensan en abandonar la isla.
- Former HHS Secretary Sebelius believed Menendez wanted her to ‘take some action.’
- “You are out of legal Pampers” and other spicy quotes from Menendez judge.
Republicans are reconsidering full repeal of State and Local Tax Deduction.
The history of Cooper Street is the story of Camden – the tale of a city’s rise, fall, and fledgling revival. (Kevin Riordan)
Today is National Taco Day. Have you ever wanted a 4-pound taco?