Trump says property tax deduction has rest of America subsidizing NJ. He’s wrong. (Salant, NJ.com)
- The Second Amendment is 145 characters. How would you rewrite it?
- SCOTUS Justice Neil Gorsuch tries to lecture the Court on civics, Ruth Bader Ginsburg is having none of it
- Extreme nerdism: The Rise of ‘Weaponized Autism’
- Smelling opportunity? Trump advisers poll whether Senate should expel Menendez if convicted
- Menendez trial: Harry Reid was at a meeting central to the case, but prosecutors won’t be calling him to testify.
- Saloman Melgen follows his $300k to superPAC earmarked for Menendez, with an email bringing up his $8.9 million dispute with Medicare that the prosecution alleges he tried to get officials to fix for him.
NBC News says Rex Tillerson called Trump a fucking moron. Props for accuracy, Rexie. He doesn’t deny saying that but he does deny reports VEEP Pence had to step in to keep him from quitting.
- Presidential TP-tossing: Trump’s Puerto Rico Visit Is a Political Disaster (The Atlantic)
- Ivanka & Donald Junior were close to being charged with felony fraud. Then the money guy walked in
- Worse, if the kids are dumb. DOJ releases slew of memos lobbying against presidential appointments for family
SOMETIMES WEIRD STUFF POPS UP in MY GOOGLE ALERT for BLUE JERSEY
NBA Jersey wardrobe malfunction. Enjoy.
- What’s scarlet red and has one blue head? The new pro-Rutgers PAC, run by Maggie Moran & Mike DuHaime
- Newark adopts ‘groundbreaking’ affordable housing ordinance
- Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring of Hell: Thousands of Tales of Torment from Nation’s Worst Transit System
- Edgewater, NJ says ‘No thanks’ to development
- Variety has a NY/NJ issue. Springsteen’s on the cover. He talks Asbury, Freehold & how people protect him
- NJ police shootings: Minority people account for most killed and wounded
- Trenton cops accused of fabricating evidence, city refuses to release tape
- Bet you tell that to all the regions. Metro area, including North Jersey is Amazon HQ2 top contender, firm says
- He’s cool with your social media, liberal profs, athletic spending. Somebody get the new RU chancellor a Fat Sandwich. Stat.
Things can get a little nutsy in the last weeks of a campaign as far back as Kim Guadagno’s. Matt Friedman at Politico reports the campaign circulated a memo yesterday that claims all the polls showing her behind are being released to suppress the GOP vote. Hoping to slide that nonsense idea past the easily impressionable, her campaign invokes the name Donald Trump, with the suggestion that’s why polls showed him behind. Till he won. Patrick Murray’s response.
- Half of voters have no opinion. Is Murphy’s lead over Guadagno shrinking in the race to replace Christie?
- The Importance of Being Brendan Gill: Insider NJ looks at ‘The Ear Between Murphy and the World’
- The Independents: New Jersey’s ‘other’ gubernatorial candidates
- Clerkship crack-up: Corrado defeats Currie allies in court again as she prepares for Sweeney embrace
- Bayonne: Former Assemblyman Jason O’Donnell to kick off campaign to unseat Mayor Jimmy Davis next week
2018 or SOONER
- CD3: Outside Tom MacArthur’s office: Rally Against Gun Violence – candidate Andy Kim Speaking (video)
- CD4: Outside Chris Smith’s office: Dozens of women in Handmaid’s Tale dress talk women’s rights (video, photos)
OPIOIDS. And GUNS.
- Chris Christie is a walking ego with a legacy problem. His solution? Opioids.
- Oxycontin & Fentanyl: New Jersey is about to hit opioid makers with a major lawsuit.
- Bump stocks: They’re cheap and available, and the Las Vegas gunman used them to make his guns fire faster. Democrats Lesniak, Codey and Weinberg want them banned – sale and possession – in NJ.