In LD25, (photo above), the local paper urges an all-GOP district now be ripped by 2 Democrats and 1 Republican. The Observer-Tribune endorsed Democrat Dr. Lisa Bhimani over Republican Senator Anthony Bucco. And in the Assembly race, urges re-election of Bucco’s son, Republican Asm Anthony Bucco, but does not endorse longtime Republican incumbent Michael Patrick Carroll, instead endorsing Democrat Rich Corcoran. In Christie’s home district, the paper also endorsed Guadagno for Gov.
LD21’s Lacey Rzeszowski weaponizes Chris Christie against her GOP opponents better than anyone else. Period.
Hoboken mayoral candidates debate issues at public forum
Greenwald decries Trump’s ‘heartless attacks’ against fallen soldier families
Remember when Christie said he’d keep out little 5-year-old Syrian refugees? Murphy says he’d revers Christie’s anti-refugee resettlement order
- Murphy still 14 points ahead: New poll shows Guadagno gaining. But is it too late?
- Murphy, Guadagno short on specifics for higher ed: Both have ambitious plans to boost STEM studies, slow tuition increases, ease student debt – but neither has a roadmap for how to do that
- #TBT When the Star-Ledger Endorsed Chris Christie: Today the Ledger is Still Confused.
- Omg no, never read NJ.com comments. Tom Moran reads NJ.com comments about the Ledger’s Murphy endorse
- The Record endorses today.
Who are New Jersey’s progressives, and how should we engage with the Democratic Party? Grassroots Progressives, Indivisible, and Negotiating with the Democratic Party.
DNC is sending money for our 2017 races, for digital, data tech and GOTV. But they won’t say how much or if certain races are targeted over others (oh you can guess that second one)
- Roy Cho, the Dem nominee in CD5 three years ago, has some ideas for the Democratic Party’s branding problem
- Yes, please. Sources: The Carpenters-Assisted Case for Lizette Delgado-Polanco as Democratic State Party Chair
HURRICANE SANDY 5 YEARS LATER
- Still: People living in cars and other realities of a slow moving recovery
- Sandy still punishing survivors: Some homeless, some being dunned by state & feds to return part of their aid
NJ CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION
Sen. Bob Menendez was moved to tears outside the courtroom at his corruption trial as Cory Booker and Lindsey Graham who came to testify about our senior senator’s character and work in Congress. Neither has heard the testimony in the ongoing case. A motion for mistrial, argued vociferously by the defense for more than an hour, fell flat
- Time to Go. Rep. Frelinghusen, our lone Republican votes to end federal deductions on NJ State & local taxes
- Health & safety experts at Frank Pallone’s D.C forum on gun violence: Firearms violence could be better prevented if it was viewed as a public health crisis and given the same federal research funding and attention that have helped our nation combat deaths from HIV/AIDS, cigarette tobacco, and car crashes
AROUND the STATE
Both say there’s a “lack of transparency” in Mayor Steve Fulop’s administration: Why NAACP and Jersey City Police Officers Benevolent Association are joining forces
Who knows commuter hell better than commuters? This is a good idea – Outgoing NJ senator Ray Lesniak’s petition drive to generate support for his legislation to give NJ Transit commuters a bigger say in how the organization is run by creating seats for regular bus and train riders on the agency’s board of directors
Top neo-Nazi shock jock grew up in the NJ suburbs – and had a Jewish wife.
Hey South Jersey Halloweeners: At Pitman’s House of Terror, a fireman’s labor of love with his neighbors, your ticket price goes to feed hungry local people.
NJ inks 10-year pact on taking water from Delaware River