Rich donor’s girlfriends testify at Menendez bribery trial.
Not all plain sailing for prosecutors when they put two reputed girlfriends of senator’s co-accused on the stand.
Voices of DACA: NJ Dreamers share their story. Not enough: Senate Dems to unveil plan to protect Dreamers in the military.
Senator-select Colin Bell (D-2) goes up on TV with his first campaign ad.
- More taxes, no new taxes, higher taxes, marijuana taxes, corporate taxes, tax relief, and even a new tax structure — it’s definitely an election year in the Garden State.
- Budget basics: NJ Spotlight’s new series on the fundamentals of our budget, as well as its current budget woes.
- Christie spent big on Statehouse’s ‘shameful’ health, safety conditions. Why not on schools? (SL Opinion)
- Trump’s push for tax cuts is coming up against a familiar challenge: Divided GOP
Amtrak chairman doesn’t rule out future ‘summer of hell’.
You may have heard on Monday that Rep. Leonard Lance is weighing retirement. On Tuesday an aide made clear that Lance is running for re-election.
The entire 14-member NJ congressional delegation has lined up behind a request to designate Rutgers University’s transportation center as a federal research center.
- More New Jerseyans pick up health insurance in wake of ACA, but current uncertainty about the future of Obamacare has slowed sign-ups in some states.
- Bernie Sanders: Why we need Medicare for all. (NYT Op-Ed)
- GOP split over fixing or gutting ACA as deadline looms.
Trump to huddle today with House members of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, including co-chairman Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.) on DACA and tax reform.
Hudson lights up for Murphy with Fulop and energized Democratic establishment crowd.
New fears that trains could be targets for terrorists.
Saint Michael’s Doctor Wins Telly Awards for Video Series Aimed at Educating Urban Community.
- No rest for the Irma hurricane-weary: Jose is a potential east coast threat.
- However. Anthony Wood says, “Believe nothing yet about Jose because It’s still hundreds of miles at sea and it’s hard to predict how it will behave as it approaches land.”
- Dogs displaced by storms find shelter in South Jersey but need homes.
- Ravaged South Florida has ‘a lot of work to do’ as skies clear.
- The stress over Irma affects not only those in the hurricane zone. The last I have heard from a friend living in Key West (the most heavily impacted and lower-most island in the keys) was on September 6 when he said, “We’re soon to evacuate for a five day stay at the Miami International University Gymnasium.” Are you having difficulty learning the status of a person in the hurricane?
Trenton Police Director refers to city residents as “hood rats”: NAACP calls for his resignation.
Apple agrees to use price tags in N.J. stores after state investigation.
Why Whitman defeated Florio in 1993.
You don’t want to purchase Clinton’s new book? Read free sample chapters here by clicking on the photo of the book.