Golf guy Tim Mickelson’s (brother of Phil) takes selfie with 3 presidents at the President’s Cup near Jersey City. Apparently, NJ’s Woodrow Wilson played more golf than any of these guys, or any president. Trump might overtake Wilson’s record.
YOU’RE WELCOME. SINCERELY, YOUR #1 DONOR STATE (big hat/tip Politico Matt Friedman)
Congress approves special disaster relief bill – for Harvey, Irma, Maria – but not Sandy
MENENDEZ, THE TRIAL & BOOKER
- Menendez trial: Did he threaten Senate hearing to help Melgen get what he wanted from the DR?
- Menendez traveling to Puerto Rico, calls on Trump to do more
- After train crashes in Hoboken & Brooklyn, Cory Booker and Chuck Schumer want Trump to require sleep apnea testing
Star-Ledger editorial makes the case that alt-right NJIT prof Jason Reza Jorjani should keep his job
So much for promises of transparency in Jersey City (Earl Morgan, Jersey Journal)
- State investigating Mahwah over its ordinance banning non-state residents fro its parks (read: Orthodox Jews from New York)
- Mahwah’s Council votes “no confidence” in its mayor
Given that it’s the only thing he seems to care about? Sure. Will Christie raid $200 million in recent environment settlements for polluting New Jersey to fund his opioid project?
- The money: How much you’ve given NJ governor candidates
- This crumbling concrete wall. Parts of NJ Transit’s commuter rail network is literally crumbling
- Mulshine: Overpriced and underperforming: Gateway rail tunnels’ arc is starting to look like ARC
- Democrats are rejecting a report warning about NJ property taxes
- Getting to 2030 renewable levels without going broke: Aggressively ramping up renewable energy could help state halve carbon dioxide emissions from the power sector
- Trump could save more than $1 Billion under his new tax plan
- Trump on tax reform: Lies, damned lies, and twisted statistics
- When Trump’s tax plan claims are fact-checked, you know the outcome
- Trump’s Katrina? Despite his claims of “massive” amounts of supplies being delivered, Trump is feeling the heat on his slow response. So he’s blaming the press now, and planning to visit.
- Paying more attention than president: A Florida man saw desperate cries for help from a nursing home on TV, so he chartered his company’s private jet and brought supplies to the nursing home’s residents.