WHEN TRUMPWORLD IS BEDMINSTERLAND
- Hey, everybody, Trump has a real Twitter fan – in Newark! Um. Um, wait.
- Lulz. Apparently, Guadagno doesn’t want the Trump sticky to get all over her campaign
- Day 6 in Bedminster: What he did, who he dissed
- Yesterday, Trump spoke to reporters in Bedminster: The highlights
- Mueller puts the screws to Manafort. Will he roll over on Trump’s operation?
- NJ election officials mum on cooperation with Trump voter commission
- Ledger editorial: Scientists right to force Trump’s hand on alarming climate report
- Trump poised to nominate Christie ally for U.S. attorney in complex political deal involving Booker and Menendez.
Quote of the Day #1, The allegation:
“This is life and death.” – Phil Murphy at Planned Parenthood’s endorsement
And the pushback: NJ health officials deny women are dying because of Christie cuts to PP
Quote of the Day #2, Dems watch out:
“…without a positive context, the overall picture one gets from the DNC’s emails is of a directionless, reflexive party that fails to ask Democratic supporters to do more than oppose Republicans, let alone work for a different vision for the future of the country.”
– The Democratic Party’s Looming Fundraising Crisis: Trump-era Republicans learned from Bernie Sanders’ success. The DNC still hasn’t. And that fact threatens to undo Dems’ political gains (Politico)
- Things people believe: From Orson Welles’ Jersey hoax to fake news (guest op-ed)
- Ru-roh: Cancelation of Melgen sentencing raises questions whether he’ll roll over on Menendez
- Why was Albio Sires having lunch with Mike Pence?
- What happens when people of color are erased from the narrative about progressives
- Yeah, I’m going to need a ticket: Michael Moore bashes Trump, GOP, even NJ on Broadway
- Liberals are terrible at arguing with conservatives: How they can get better
- Sunday is coming”: Read the email Hillary’s pastor sent her after the election
- That Russian jet over Bedminster & D.C.: More on that here
Quote of the Day #2: Let’s Get Ready to Rumble:
“At a moment that requires subtlety, Trump unwisely amped up his rhetoric once more Thursday, warning the North Koreans of things “they never thought possible.” He talks like the promoter of a WWE wrestling match. But this is real.” – David Ignatius, WaPo
Hudson County: County launches 2nd probe of two deaths at county correctional facility
Margate: Judge: Dune work can resume – with conditions
Vineland: Possible new owner for closed Progresso plant
Interactive map, find your town: Which NJ students leave school with the most debt?
- Trans-Hudson Tunnel: Troubling questions re: financing remain but tunnel’s anything but stalled
- Stile: Dem lobbyist Bill Pascrell III invested heavily in GOP state senate candidate Kristen Corrado
- Joint meeting of legislative environment committees: Lawmakers get a tough assessment of what NJ needs to do to fight climate change