Thanks, Matt, for pointing out this said Monday Roundup all day. #MustNotRoundupWithoutCaffeine
AMERICA SHOWS UP IN BOSTON
Quote of the Week 1 from @MrGeorgeWallace: BREAKING: New England Patriots win: 40,000 to 133. #Boston
Robert E. Lee didn’t want Confederate monuments around either.
NJ’s links to Nazis, the KKK, and the Confederacy
Not so tough without his shield. The Rise and Humiliating Fall of Chris Cantrell, the star of Vice News’ stunning doc inside the dark heart of white supremacy. If that’s not enough, OK Cupid bans him for life.
“Fascists Not Welcome” sign removed from Montclair sign
Fact check: Trump’s monumental lies after Charlottesville protests (AP)
BRILLIANT NAZI-MOCKING OF THE PAST
- In 2007 Tennessee: Send in the clowns. WHITE POWER! White Flour?
- In 2014, clever townspeople in Wunsiedel, Germany, turned unwitting Nazis into fundraisers for a very un-Nazi charity.
TRUMP BLOWS HIS GOLF VACATION
Quote of the Week 2 from George Takei: “Who knew that ‘infrastructure week’ meant going completely off the rails, paving the roads to hell, and burning all your bridges.”
- Trump impeachment process begins as Democrat states ‘President failed test of moral leadership’.
- Analysis says Trump is 6 votes away from impeachment now.
- But there’s another way to get rid of him: Rep. Zoe Longren GOES THERE, introduces measure urging Trump undergo mental exam
FakeNewsFlash: You guys sucked before this, too. GOP fears the damage Trump’s doing to the Republican brand.
With the mess Trump’s making of his presidency, knocking down Republicans should be easy. But the Democrats can always f___ that up: Months of post-election malaise hamstrung the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) fundraising over the first six months of 2017, creating a serious money gap with Republicans and raising questions about Democrats’ ability to take advantage of opportunities in the 2018 midterm elections. (The Hill)
NEW JERSEY PROTESTS AGAINST NEO-NAZIS, AND AGAINST TRUMP
How NJ mayors will respond to Charlottesville
- 6th straight Saturday People’s Motorcade in Bedminster (wait, is that Joey Novick on TV?)
- In Bedminster, buzzing the vacationing Trumps at his golf course, and in Newark.
- Colts Neck, near another Trump Golf Course (shout out to organizer Jim Tobias wearing his Blue Jersey t-shirt)
- Christie can’t seem to find a post-Guv job. Can’t be Vice-President. Or a WFAN sportsjock either.
- New Republican in the NJ Assembly.
- Phil Murphy’s spending would raise NJ taxes $1.3 billion. Here’s who gets soaked.
- Is Trump trying to sabotage Obamacare enrollment? Pallone demands answers
- Frelinghuysen finds his courage (or worries about re-elect), comes up with repudiation of Trump.
- The public face of a Senator facing trouble: Menendez in ‘good spirits’ as jury selection begins soon
- Be concerned: NJ to comply partially with Trump’s voter fraud commission, providing data on NJ voters
- Unreal: Cash-strapped Lakewood schools paying $600,000 for new attorney
- Former Trump Taj Mahal owner walks away from Trump
- Two Americas: alt-right vs. “alt-left” – Also, what’s the earliest reported evidence of Antifa in NJ?
- Town & gown: In Glassboro, Rowan’s boulevard of dreams may be coming true (Riordan)
- Alligators in the pool, fire in the rooms. Motel hell in AC!
- Ewwwwww. Health code violations at Trump’s Bedminster golf club
- George Norcross sets his sights on Atlantic City – like usual, proclaiming himself the altruist.
- Hoboken mayoral hopefuls propose pool and ‘floating pool’
NOT NEW JERSEY, BUT SERIOUSLY WEIRD
NOT NEW JERSEY, BUT WOW
Wreckage is found of the USS Indianapolis, sunk in 12 minutes by Japanese torpedoes while on a secret mission to deliver parts for Little Boy, the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.
Here’s how many Americans who weren’t around in WWII learned about the USS Indianapolis, from one of the most terrifying scenes in Steven Spielberg’s Jaws, based on the book by the late Peter Benchley of Princeton, author, former speechwriter for LBJ and husband to Wendy Benchley, marine life advocate and former Princeton Council member.