The Want, Will, and Hopes of the People:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.
When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world:
- He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
- He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither.
- For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world.
- He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts.
- He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws.
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people.
- He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us.
- He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws.
- He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms.
With a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.”
The Declaration of Independence Signed by New Jersey delegates: Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, and Abraham Clark.
P.S. Following the meeting Donald Trump, Jr. arranged with a Russian attorney, Irish bookmaker Paddy Power cut dramatically its odds on Trump being impeached before seeing out four years in office to 4/6. One House member has already filed an article of impeachment against Trump. The Democratic leadership, however, has so far cautioned against openly calling for Trump’s impeachment .